SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 22, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #13,651 of 14,755
MDR-z1r is actually a bit harder to drive than Z7. It would be a bit of strech but none the less an easy to drive headphones.

I second this. Doesn't go all the way up and can hear the cans nicely. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #13,652 of 14,755
Yes the EX750 has a wired version as well. Not sure about momentum, make sure the IEMs are very sensitive, 16ohms should be ideal for this dap.

Thanks! I will look into different sensitive IEM and also into easy-to-drive over ear phones. The Bose phones sure sound good to me with the ZX2, but then again I'm not very experienced yet with good quality phones, so I'm pretty sure there is room for improvement without making wallet-denting investments.

Also, I'll try to get a proper ttrs connector.

Thanks again!

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #13,653 of 14,755
A used MDR Z7 is ok, but you need that TRRS 3.5 plug to drive it acceptably

Thanks for the help! I think used Z7 might be within reach. I'll explore the ttrs plug issue a bit more. It seems like a worthy improvement, but I'm not sure what kind of cable I should buy (I saw very inexpensive ttrs cables in Amazon but I'm not convinced that they're the kind of cables people were amazed by, according to earlier posts.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #13,655 of 14,755
Hi,

I am looking for an advice.

I have ZX2, which is not EU capped in excellent (mostly mint) condition, since it was used with genuine Sony leather case, as well as safety glass was applied from the beginning. All original boxes, etc as new.

In nowadays, what is the price range I could expect for selling it?

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #13,656 of 14,755
  Hi,

I am looking for an advice.

I have ZX2, which is not EU capped in excellent (mostly mint) condition, since it was used with genuine Sony leather case, as well as safety glass was applied from the beginning. All original boxes, etc as new.

In nowadays, what is the price range I could expect for selling it?

600 euros is the usual price base , how high you go it's up to you

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #13,658 of 14,755

Thanks. You mean that typically they sell for 600 Euros?

lowest i have seen is 550 euros , you can try higher if you want to wait it out 

some people try to sell them as high as 800 euros but this is very rare and usually the price goes down

again , it's a mix of how much you paid for it , how rare it is , how desperate (or not) you are to sell it etc

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #13,659 of 14,755
I've tried searching everywhere but i can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know the voltage output for the Zx2 from the HP jack? I'm hoping it's within the 2.0-2.2V range, close to the line level output from DAPs with a dedicated LO, so i can feed the ZX2 to an external amp.

And help or info is appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #13,660 of 14,755
  Hi, new here and I have a few questions:

Is the ZX2 a good match for my Fostex TH-900MK2?

I'm looking for a dap that will sound good with my headphones, I listen to mostly classic rock.

I have not receive the Fostex yet but they coming with a free ifi micro idsd black and I hear they sound kind of harsh together so I might sell  the ifi and get a dedicated DAP.

Thank you for reading.

if it is high-impedance headphones without an amplifier then you can not do!

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #13,662 of 14,755
How well does the ZX2 pair with the SE846. has anyone had the chance to try it? Plus how well does tidal run on this dap. I only had the chance to try the WM1Z and I love it but its out of my budget.

While I don't have the 846, I do have Tidal installed on my zx2 and it works great. The zx2 has a strong Wi-Fi receiver and I get perfect reception of Hi-fi streaming even in fringe areas of my home.

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #13,664 of 14,755
Thats good but most importantly does the offline mode work?

Offline mode works just fine. I am very pleased with my ZX2. It checks all my boxes.

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #13,665 of 14,755
How well does the ZX2 pair with the SE846. has anyone had the chance to try it? Plus how well does tidal run on this dap. I only had the chance to try the WM1Z and I love it but its out of my budget.
. The ZX2 pairs wonderfully with my SE846. As others have also said Tidal works nicely on the ZX2 as well. I usually listen to the ZX2 in airplane mode to optimize sound quality and I have several gigs of Tidal tracks downloaded to my ZX2 (all lossless files) for offline listening and Tidal's offline mode works great. We'll see if Tidal ever brings MQA streaming to their mobile apps as it does sound fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back