SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 22, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #1,711 of 14,773
that's not all lie...cheap batteries can **** up a machine bad, has happened before personally.  at least get a brand-name one.

the claim of use Panasonic Batteries for Panasonic device is partially due to protect themselves from legal claims / sue.

True enough...it has happened to me many times before, especially when the battery is kept in for too long...it could leak...etc and ruins everything

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #1,713 of 14,773
  also, really cheap memory sticks can loose data + also corrupt data while reading or writing too....so quality of memory cards, at least for data transferring, do matter.

how gets a 1200 $ portable player and then get a memory card like that ??!! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #1,714 of 14,773
The Toshiba exceria 64gig memory is $45.00 here on evil Bay.

Well.... As the way it look. Toshiba Exceria 64gb is being sold for around 120$ already....and according to others, Toshiba Exceria is the best on the market now. Let's say Sony realized this, and pushed their own technology....then I really don't see why they can't charge for 25% more for new technologies, marketing....and so on ?

Really, as any common folks, who would like to buy a 64gb from Toshiba for that much ? But there gotta be a reason why they released it.

95mb/s write, and 30mb/s read is not a child play....not to mention Toshiba recently announced the newest Highspeed of up to 245mb/s write, and 95mb/s reading speed.....could this be in the Sony new HD music ?

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,715 of 14,773
  you don't need to do that  every time you want to listen to the music ... it is just one time then listen as you want 
bigsmile_face.gif

i am 29 years old ...how old are you ?

If you cold start as I do in order to conserve battery power (due to Android) then yes you need to wait every time. In regards to the age question, lets just say I'm quite a bit older than you.

that's not all lie...cheap batteries can **** up a machine bad, has happened before personally.  at least get a brand-name one.

the claim of use Panasonic Batteries for Panasonic device is partially due to protect themselves from legal claims / sue.

No, it's not. It's there to protect their bottom line period. In any case the batteries I recommended are some of the best and expensive on the market. The gentleman in question would have nothing of it, the manual is king. It just shows that with some people age does not attract wisdom.

also, really cheap memory sticks can loose data + also corrupt data while reading or writing too....so quality of memory cards, at least for data transferring, do matter.

I never said to purchase the cheapest. I said to get a quality well known brand and all will be well.

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,717 of 14,773
It actually is...I forgot which company but friend  couldn't replace it because they didn't use the battery that they recommended when he did a factory warranty.  I think it was a Samsung Note 2 or something if I remember correctly.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #1,719 of 14,773
By the way, enjoy the music guy confirmed ZX2 will swallow Balanced 3.5mm cable at that jack as well as unbalanced one
smily_headphones1.gif

who makes a 3.5mm balanced cable?

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #1,720 of 14,773

Double Helix does.  Just pick the 3.5mm Pono option.  Moon-Audio list the option for as dual 3.5mm for PHA-3.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #1,721 of 14,773

Beat Audio?

Do you know if the Sony Ginza will add the ZX2 to the export duty free section, and also does Sony provide duty free on their domestic models, if not I will have to get them from elsewhere.

Originally Posted by AnakChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
Next time I pop by Sony Ginza I can confirm for you, but in my past experience, I don't believe so. Sony has distinctively different models for export (and therefore duty free) vs those that are for domestic use. I'm sure they can't stop a visitor paying for a domestic model but with tax but if a visitor wants tax free, I believe they'll take them to the duty free section with the international models.

http://www.sony.jp/products/overseas/contents/products.html
http://contents.sony.jp/products/overseas/contents/pdf/OVERSEAS16_sou.pdf#page=9

Originally Posted by FenderP /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
Having been down this road (I was getting an engraved Walkman a few years back at Sony Ginza) I can say the export versions and the Japanese domestic stuff is handled differently.

See my comment from earlier in the thread - if you want to try to shop tax free, go to Bic Camera. I did that for a few things when I was there in December - and it wasn't the international version of stuff.

Originally Posted by kms108 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was expecting the Zx2 will be available as both the Japanese version and international version in the Ginza shop, just like the Zx1.

I will shop around first, I won't buy it direct from the sony shop until been around.
Still deciding whether to get the international or japan version.

Sony only offers regional warranty, it's only stores that states support and sales for oversea model that has warranty for worldwide, for those country you need to see if it's on their list.

The warranty card issued are different than those for local stores.

I've called the Sony Store in Ginza. Confirmed that :-

1) No international version available in store
2) Japanese version available at full price incl GST only (i.e. no Duty Free)

Intrestingly he said "You can change the langauge to English but you'll have no warranty". That's rather intersesting which leads me to speculate that the S/W loaded on the Japanese version is different from the S/W loaded on the international version.

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #1,722 of 14,773
^
That doesn't seem very friendly voiding a warranty over a language change, I guess there's logic in it somewhere there. (maybe change the language back if a warranty is needed)
But it seems people have gone quiet listening to the the DAP, keep the impressions coming people.

I'm still on the fence about this product but It looks like I'm selling my other daps for this.

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #1,723 of 14,773
  On my ZX1 I have about 108Gb on it and from a cold start it takes about 1 min max to scan, so it looks like the speed has slowed down in the new machine. Not good.

I timed the ZX2...

From a cold start to finish scan it takes around 50 seconds and this include booting up Android.
Pressing database update - the scan itself takes about 4.08 seconds and that's with 112GB of music majority hi-res

Not bad...

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #1,724 of 14,773
Feb 23, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,725 of 14,773
  I timed the ZX2...

From a cold start to finish scan it takes around 50 seconds and this include booting up Android.
Pressing database update - the scan itself takes about 4.08 seconds and that's with 112GB of music majority hi-res

Not bad...

I decided to conduct an accurate timing for the above. I checked my unit and I have less than 1GB of storage left and from a cold boot which I began timing from the first instance of an image on the screen to full scan times out at 1min 20 secs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back