SONY NW-ZX2
May 5, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #5,026 of 14,755

i have the CCK from the start.  you can get to 24/96 using iTunes on iPhone. that's it.  are you saying there are other IOS players that can do higher than that?

man u should use HF onkyo player from app store and buy the upgrade and u will be able to play dsd even, I think I saved tons of money :) now

HF onkyo is ur answer my freind

May 5, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #5,028 of 14,755
I am not going to use any streaming service. I agree that it looks like for an all-in-one solution, ZX2 seems to be the best choice.

Thank you both. I think I am going to cancel my order for the ZX2 and go for the Hugo. Any recommendations for a cheap transport? I was thinking the Fiio X3 ii would be a good pairing.

As an owner of both pieces let me say that the Hugo doesn't really sound "analog" IMHO. Is it good yes does it beat decent analog - nope. Actually no portable gear gets there period and I would say no desktop gear either. It's big rig territory and nosebleed $$ ... Just to put things into perspective. They are all enjoyable. Zx2 as a 1 piece portable solution is my preferred mode. Hugo for desktop and PC rig. And then big mama in the main room... Untouchable by either

May 5, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #5,032 of 14,755

man r u serious, what u mean your iphone can not do 24/192, use the cck cable and connect to hugo and u can even have dsd

To download, you attach the cck cable to your phone and use a male to male usb cable to connect to computer, then download from iTunes?

man u should use HF onkyo player from app store and buy the upgrade and u will be able to play dsd even, I think I saved tons of money :) now

HF onkyo is ur answer my freind

How do you download music to be used by the Onkyo player?  I know it picks up iTunes catalog, but for files like DSD that won't download to iTunes?

May 5, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #5,033 of 14,755
Here's a new review from qobuz: http://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/info/Hi-Fi-Guide/Test-of-the-top-of-the-range-new177048

We put the ZX2 to the test with our own ears, with the help of tracks in 16- and 24-bit from Goldfrapp, London Grammar, Nina Simone, Mozart and Michael Jackson, all using the Sennheiser Denon 7100 headphones.

We'll go straight to the point: the ZX2 is a monument to detail, precision, speed and finesse. The sound quality is beyond satisfactory, leaving us open-mouthed at the soundscape and the space that it created. The smallest details explode into focus, creating sound which is beautiful and clean and full of subtleties and grandeur.

The Sony NWZ-ZX2 can easily take on its rivals at Cowon Plenue One and Astell&Kern as it intended to.

The pros Spectacular audio quality Expansive soundscape with all of its subtleties No restriction on high-qualiity audio files Generally high-quality components WiFi, Bluetooth - NFC and LDAC ! Android 4.2 (entire system: video playback, image viewing etc) Streaming in 24-bit (on suitable networks) Potential to download apps - including Qobuz

The cons... Does it really warrant the price...? The level of the headphone output is a little limited (depending on the headphones) The screen isn't that bright or detailed Cannot be used as a DAC Multipin connectors/proprietary port

May 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #5,034 of 14,755
  To download, you attach the cck cable to your phone and use a male to male usb cable to connect to computer, then download from iTunes?

How do you download music to be used by the Onkyo player?  I know it picks up iTunes catalog, but for files like DSD that won't download to iTunes?

darg ur dsd files on ur computer to onkyo app in itunes, then in ur iphone onkyo u will find the files under hd tab

May 5, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #5,035 of 14,755
Hoping for a little advice - there are a couple of albums I've deleted from the internal memory, emptied my trash, updated the database but are still showing. These albums aren't showing in folder view, just when I go into album view. Are there some cached files somewhere I need to get rid of?

Thanks to anyone who can help

May 5, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #5,036 of 14,755
Hoping for a little advice - there are a couple of albums I've deleted from the internal memory, emptied my trash, updated the database but are still showing. These albums aren't showing in folder view, just when I go into album view. Are there some cached files somewhere I need to get rid of?

Thanks to anyone who can help

Can you still play them or is it only the album art that remains? I'm assuming you can't play them but your post doesn't say that specifically.

May 5, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #5,039 of 14,755
I only own the ZX-1. Can someone tell me for the ZX-2 when you connect it to a computer, do you see both storages? And if you don't, how do you tell the computer which storage you want to use for copying or deleting files? Thanks.

May 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #5,040 of 14,755
I only own the ZX-1. Can someone tell me for the ZX-2 when you connect it to a computer, do you see both storages? And if you don't, how do you tell the computer which storage you want to use for copying or deleting files? Thanks.

On the ZX-2, you choose which storage to mount, and that is what you see on your computer.  If you want to move things to the other storage, you change the settings on the unit first, then it shows up on your computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back