SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #10,771 of 45,723
Based only on sound quality whill you guys choose 1Z over the Lotoo Paw Gold?
I am trying to get used to touch screen based music players,but i always preferred buttons.Thats me.
But 1Z being able to connect to Hugo is a great advantage.
the 1z is diferent from LPG, of you love the Tera for its analogue type of sound you will fall inlove with the 1z,when o had the Tera i loved the tone and the musicality, i didn't liked the lack of capacity of making low impedance headphones play, the lack of bass in some was very disapointing, with the 1z you have power , musicality,layering is a great player

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #10,773 of 45,723
Can anbody confirm how the 1Z does at driving the HEK? I have been enjoying the Utopia but I am looking for looking for a more relaxing HP. Search funcion didn't bring up any details.

Thanks,

Hydro

It does fine in balanced mode. Spacious and open sounding with good bass. The HEK2, a little more open sounding. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #10,774 of 45,723
i am dying to try balanced LOL, hope these caps aren't dried out for not being used
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #10,775 of 45,723
It does fine in balanced mode. Spacious and open sounding with good bass. The HEK2, a little more open sounding. 

Thanks! I can pick up a new V2 at a discounted price. Nobody around here has Hifiman to demo so it would be a blind purchase unfortunately. Waiting for an answer on return policy before I pull the trigger.

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #10,776 of 45,723
Anyone know the output impedence of the WM1Z? I read on another forum someone thought it was .94 ohm on balanced. However I can't find anything official. Sony has kept a lot of the specs and technology tightly kept a secret for some reason. Could be a good or bad thing.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #10,777 of 45,723
Anyone know the output impedence of the WM1Z? I read on another forum someone thought it was .94 ohm on balanced. However I can't find anything official. Sony has kept a lot of the specs and technology tightly kept a secret for some reason. Could be a good or bad thing.

I don't think we are going to get any info about this. With the ZX2 the designers stated that output impedance was irellevant so they were not going to release any numbers

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #10,778 of 45,723

From PMRreviews (self measured) :-

"...the output impedances for the WM1Z and the WM1A are 0.94 ohms and 0.92 ohms respectively..."

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #10,779 of 45,723
Mar 26, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #10,781 of 45,723

I see you have the Just ear IEM, do you know where in Japan, or online I can get the cable from, the model number is AJE-BAG1

All the Just ear cables are sold exclusively at Tokyo Hearing Center (where you order the IEM) so you can't get them online, and they recently EOL both the 3.5mm TRRS cables and last I've heard all remaining stocks were sold.  Sometimes second hand ones pop up at e-earphone or on auction, that's probably the only place where you can find them now.

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #10,783 of 45,723

I see you have the Just ear IEM, do you know where in Japan, or online I can get the cable from, the model number is AJE-BAG1

All the Just ear cables are sold exclusively at Tokyo Hearing Center (where you order the IEM) so you can't get them online, and they recently EOL both the 3.5mm TRRS cables and last I've heard all remaining stocks were sold.  Sometimes second hand ones pop up at e-earphone or on auction, that's probably the only place where you can find them now.

Thanks for the reply, i was think of going over to the tokyo hearing center during my visit to japan. If they have them or not im ok, but its strange why a expensive iem and their accessories are eol, may be they are getting ready to release a 4.4 version, its probably because the zx2 has been discontinued, because the 3.5 trrs was made specially for the zx2.

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #10,784 of 45,723
Mar 26, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #10,785 of 45,723
  Thanks for the reply, i was think of going over to the tokyo hearing center during my visit to japan. If they have them or not im ok, but its strange why a expensive iem and their accessories are eol, may be they are getting ready to release a 4.4 version, its probably because the zx2 has been discontinued, because the 3.5 trrs was made specially for the zx2.

I know that unofficially Just ear is preparing 4.4mm cables because a lot of the owners are calling for one and Just ear has heard their calls - they've just got nothing official to announce yet. I'm guessing production and supply of parts hasn't allowed to them to make the cables sooner. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back