SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #10,788 of 45,723
I am woed by SE but maybe in the few weeks i am moving to BALANCED, the fact im hearing details i never Heard before with S.E.  ist just cool. KUDOS TO SONY

Able to extract the room reverb cues and the tail deccay so natural wow.

Listening to a particular álbum of Mozart sonatas for 4 Hands (on a Clavessin), before WM1A is just Heard all cramped sound and a bunch of notes played, was always fatiguing

Listening it with WM1A is like these tracks have reborn, I never Heard a sound so analogue, so real, i can get an idea the sixe of the church it was recorded not too big not too small but with a decent amount of echo going arround, with no "blurring" of sounds (good attack and deccay)

I am willing to pay @whitigir a fortune for super duper express shipping these cables LOL

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #10,789 of 45,723
With WM1A i enjoyed older melodies, not sure why.

Also only the much expensive players that i starts enjoying instrumentals.

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #10,790 of 45,723
Just purchased my walkman from buywise via amazon. I purchased a z1r from them already brand spanking new Ill tell you what dont let the whole warranty thing or fake product thing bother you like it did with me a while back DO purchase a SQUARETRADE warranty they are absolutey amazing. They have repaired items of mine in the past not sold from authorized sellers LOL.. They have been amazing. So i will love saving a few hundred dollars and buy on amazon and would suggest others to do so as well. Its good business. Undercut competition and pay less. now back to my beer.

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #10,791 of 45,723
Just purchased my walkman from buywise via amazon. I purchased a z1r from them already brand spanking new Ill tell you what dont let the whole warranty thing or fake product thing bother you like it did with me a while back DO purchase a SQUARETRADE warranty they are absolutey amazing. They have repaired items of mine in the past not sold from authorized sellers LOL.. They have been amazing. So i will love saving a few hundred dollars and buy on amazon and would suggest others to do so as well. Its good business. Undercut competition and pay less. now back to my beer.
You are not saving even one single dollar if you're buying on Amazon USA. Their price is the same if not more than what you would pay at a dealership. Infact, you're paying more considering that squaretrade warranty. 1A is getting released here in a week's time. Enjoy your beer!!!

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #10,792 of 45,723
You are not saving even one single dollar if you're buying on Amazon USA. Their price is the same if not more than what you would pay at a dealership. Infact, you're paying more considering that squaretrade warranty. 1A is getting released here in a week's time. Enjoy your beer!!!

Whattup brother, in my z1r case after the squaretrade warranty an the dumb fake **** i was on.. It ended up breaking even at the $2,300 but man that accidental warranty is an awesome peice of mind.. Im looking forward to trying the balanced connecter as im hearing it makes a difference :)

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #10,793 of 45,723
Whattup brother, in my z1r case after the squaretrade warranty an the dumb fake **** i was on.. It ended up breaking even at the $2,300 but man that accidental warranty is an awesome peice of mind.. Im looking forward to trying the balanced connecter as im hearing it makes a difference :)
Yeah, squaretrade is good but it only works for products you buy on Amazon (what I heard from people). Next time, try your local dealers first before taking the Amazon route. I bought my Z1R from @tsavjason at an unbelievable price, brand new, sealed with USA warranty. Sorry, can't disclose the price here, but it was too good to be thinking of buying it anywhere else. And yes, upgrade those cables. I am using Axios for now but upgrading to a silver one very soon.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #10,794 of 45,723
Yeah, squaretrade is good but it only works for products you buy on Amazon (what I heard from people). Next time, try your local dealers first before taking the Amazon route. I bought my Z1R from @tsavjason at an unbelievable price, brand new, sealed with USA warranty. Sorry, can't disclose the price here, but it was too good to be thinking of buying it anywhere else. And yes, upgrade those cables. I am using Axios for now but upgrading to a silver one very soon.

Ill make a trip to his store when im in So Cal for sure. I can tell the dude is passionate about his items. I do want to buy a z1r for a family member so i might go the route your recommending. Have you tried the kimber cable? I dunno if i should pull thr trigger on those..

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #10,795 of 45,723
Ill make a trip to his store when im in So Cal for sure. I can tell the dude is passionate about his items. I do want to buy a z1r for a family member so i might go the route your recommending. Have you tried the kimber cable? I dunno if i should pull thr trigger on those..

I wanna be in your family.

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #10,797 of 45,723
Hmm interesting! Sound signature from direct source is actually different between 24 bits and 16 bits songs. On my WM1A, I adjusted EQ to match with how direct source sound in 24 bits tracks and when I try 16 bits tracks, EQ is no longer matched. Now I have 2 sets of EQ: one for Hi-Res and one for CD. LOL!

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #10,800 of 45,723
I have tried KK. You can demo all the different types of cables at his store without the pressure of buying. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back