SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #10,801 of 45,723
@whitigir I have xba-3 and I'm not joking. Even with my audioengine HD6. If you have A1 with that EQ setting, it's almost equivalence to direct source in sound quality. I know EQ graph looks funny LOL.
The reason that I'm doing this because I want to test DC Phase Linearizer different setting. For MP3, try type A standard.
IMO, play with EQ is hopeless. I hear less tiny sparkle details and echos. For DSD, FLAC 24 bits or 16 bits, each of them have their own sound signature programmed. Maybe that is why even with MP3, sound quality is by far better that other DAP.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #10,803 of 45,723
Yeah, better just leave direct source enable. I had too much time playing with graphs :/ waiting for my OCC silver plated cable and silver/gold solder to be deliver. Toxic UK cables for DIY looks tempting now that I know more about cable. I'm new to this. This is a big step up from my Sansa Fuze Plus DAP.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #10,805 of 45,723
Mar 27, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #10,809 of 45,723
As a previous owner of the AK380, I will be doing some comparisons between that dap and the WM1Z (which finally comes in tomorrow).

A huge pet peeve of mine is using an IEM and getting distortion or static feedback. It has pretty much been present on every dap or phone I have ever used. I have really good hearing and I almost look for that type of noise these days because it is such an annoyance to me. I hope that this will not be present on the Sony. It would especially happen during times of silence in a track where you could hear it. If my new dap is dead silent in that regard and also doesn't get too warm while also being able to power an HD800S all while sounding great then I would think it was worth every penny spent and leaps ahead of the 380.

We shall see soon enough!

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #10,810 of 45,723
Mar 27, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #10,812 of 45,723
I could ALMOST get rid of my desktop rig-

Cheers,

Hydro

That is what I am considering to go with my Utopia's - however the WM1A instead.  Did you have the opportunity to compare the two?

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #10,815 of 45,723
I understand that the question was about the leatherette on the back.  I am NOT addressing the cleaning of that surface.  However, if you are looking for something to safely and effectively clean the touchscreen, try Magic Cloths, available through Amazon.  They remove fingerprints/oils very quickly and are very non-abrasive.  I also use them on my eyeglasses, iPad, MacBook screen, etc.  To get the most from them, keep them in a dust-free location.  The manufacturer says that if you wash them, do so without fabric softener, as that often causes grit to cling to the cloth.  I've tried that, but even without the softener, they do tend to pick up grit that can then scratch screens.  I keep mine in a ziplock.  The current one has lasted me about six months so far and still works like when it was new.  For me, they work much better than the usual lens cleaning cloths - faster, and continue to work effectively much longer.  Best of all, no liquid required.  But again, note my caution about keeping it clean - you probably won't be able to carry one in a pocket and have it not pick up grit that will scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back