SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #7,816 of 45,723
  1) It looks like when charging, the 1Z is always on - i.e. it can't be switched off, and have it charging in off-mode
2) about 2 hrs later it jumped to FULL. I was expecting to see the bars to turn solid one by one to indicate progress of charge but it just seemed to have gone from all flashing bars to FULL after 2 hrs.

I've noticed the same (both 1 and 2) with my 1A.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #7,818 of 45,723

Digital output?  I wasn't aware you could use the cable for digital output.  I use mine to transfer files and charge the unit.  Ahh, I guess you're talking about using it with a dock, which I don't have.  Thanks for the info, though.  I hadn't thought of it in terms of compatibility with the dock.

I just bought this...problem solved.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #7,819 of 45,723
My cradles charges it while the screen is off, and my iPad adapter do the same. The bars always rolling to indicate charge, no real way to see battery %

Nope, wasn't referring to screensaver. Was referring to like switching off it off, and charging. I guess by default plugging in the base, it'll charge and power on - so follows the iPhone behaviour I guess.

I just bought this...problem solved.

I had that...I got rid of most of my WM stuff when I sold my ZX1...now kicking that I have to re-buy all these adapters again!

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #7,823 of 45,723

Hmm if I'm understanding this correctly, if I have an 8 conductor balanced cable 2.5mm TRRS, ideally I'd want to use a Pentaconn plug to reterminate my cable to 4.4mm TRRRS for two solder contact points for the tips and rings?
Pentaconns are gold plated at the moment right? No Rhodium plated ones?
Are the other plug makers like Oyaide, Furutech, Eidolic allowed to make plugs with dual solder contact points or is it a Pentaconn exclusivity?

Originally Posted by AnakChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
There are (will be) rhodium plated Pentaconns.

I lied....there will be Rhodium 4.4mm plugs made in Japan but -not- by Pentaconn.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #7,824 of 45,723
Elear is open HP right ? It should be leaking a good amount

yes i know...i think that i was just being delusional because i really like them but i need something that i can use outside too.

i m scouting for some nice closed headphones but the more i look the more open back hp i find

beyerdynamic t5p v2 seems the only option i could find but i m not 100% sure

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #7,825 of 45,723
Just to confirm the WM port and the include cable (WM to USB) can only do charging and files transfer.  It does not output digit signal to a DAC like Hugo, right? And it doesn't have any other function?

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #7,826 of 45,723
Just to confirm the WM port and the include cable (WM to USB) can only do charging and files transfer.  It does not output digit signal to a DAC like Hugo, right? And it doesn't have any other function?

That is correct, you would need OTG cables to output digital from WM port, or buy the dock, or the Dongle

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #7,828 of 45,723
I demo'd the 1z with Andromeda's the other day. Very nice combination to my ears.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #7,829 of 45,723
when you are charging the unit, you can no longer switch it off... i guess its normal... battery life is so awesome that i rarely need to charge the unit

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #7,830 of 45,723
when you are charging the unit, you can no longer switch it off... i guess its normal... battery life is so awesome that i rarely need to charge the unit

I drained mine almost flat copying my files from my iMac to it (3 hrs copy and the other 3 hrs idle but I was sleeping overnight). But I guess that's not a regular thing to do such mass copying so not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back