SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #7,786 of 45,723
I've used Media Go for 99% of my file transfers so far, but just found out by accident that I could simply use 'send to' and put music files directly onto the Sony. So I just sent 3 old MP3 albums this way...

...Then after removing the player from USB the albums were nowhere to be found on the player. I thought there must be a mistake so I copied the MP3 albums into a folder that I know Media Go searches for music and tried to copy them to the Sony that way. They wouldn't copy because it said 'the music is already on the device'. Anyone know what's gone wrong and how I can fix it?

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #7,787 of 45,723
I've used Media Go for 99% of my file transfers so far, but just found out by accident that I could simply use 'send to' and put music files directly onto the Sony. So I just sent 3 old MP3 albums this way...

...Then after removing the player from USB the albums were nowhere to be found on the player. I thought there must be a mistake so I copied the MP3 albums into a folder that I know Media Go searches for music and tried to copy them to the Sony that way. They wouldn't copy because it said 'the music is already on the device'. Anyone know what's gone wrong and how I can fix it?

All music needs to be contained within the MUSIC folder on the Sony DAP for them to be recognised. I imagine the music is on the DAP, but not necessarily in the correct folder.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #7,788 of 45,723
All music needs to be contained within the MUSIC folder on the Sony DAP for them to be recognised. I imagine the music is on the DAP, but not necessarily in the correct folder.

Oh s***

Can I move them to the Music folder?

UPDATE:

Just found the Walkmam in My computer and indeed you're right, I can see the offending albums are in the wrong place.

Exciting this stuff! Haha

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #7,791 of 45,723
My 1A has clocked 152 hours, not listened to it until finish with Mozart :grin: media go has 3 form f sending files, drag an drop to the left panel on the device, the send to, via the secret menu to avoid converting (thus making transfer faster) and a fourth way is via Playlist

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #7,797 of 45,723
Upgraded my gold Walkman to "Hi-Res Audio" 
tongue.gif

Looks good?

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #7,799 of 45,723

truly

they are taking their sweet time releasing it here in the us

i did go to the us sony site and registered this via serial and receipt and it was accepted

Stephen, are you saying you were able to register one you bought and imported from another country and was able to register it on Sony US?  

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #7,800 of 45,723

You can use any USB charger. I use one that put out 2 amps so whatever I am charging takes what it wants. I prefer this to having to use an adapter specifically made for a dap as that is a hassle. 

I really wish they would have utilized micro usb rather than Sony proprietary.  One less cable is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back