SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #7,801 of 45,723
I really wish they would have utilized micro usb rather than Sony proprietary.  One less cable is always a good thing.

WM port were designed by Sony to be Audiophile grade from the ground up sir! I modified many cables from Sony stock, the Pins are thick cores and gold plated through and through. It is also large and stable enough to not come off and damage the motherboard easily.

Micro USB is flimsy, too small to get a good quality pins terminals on it to do Digital output for audio quality and so on....be happy of how Dedicated Sony is with audio gears

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #7,802 of 45,723
WM port were designed by Sony to be Audiophile grade from the ground up sir! I modified many cables from Sony stock, the Pins are thick cores and gold plated through and through. It is also large and stable enough to not come off and damage the motherboard easily.

Micro USB is flimsy, too small to get a good quality pins terminals on it to do Digital output for audio quality and so on....be happy of how Dedicated Sony is with audio gears

Digital output?  I wasn't aware you could use the cable for digital output.  I use mine to transfer files and charge the unit.  Ahh, I guess you're talking about using it with a dock, which I don't have.  Thanks for the info, though.  I hadn't thought of it in terms of compatibility with the dock.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #7,803 of 45,723
I really wish they would have utilized micro usb rather than Sony proprietary.  One less cable is always a good thing.

I hate micro USB ports, they usually end up having problems, but the convenience is undeniable. That's why I bought the Sony adapter that allows you to charge using micro USB, which will stay in my portable kit. While for home I got the dock. This WM1A deal has made me spend so much on accessories lol. I should receive my player tomorrow, so excited!

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #7,804 of 45,723
I hate micro USB ports, they usually end up having problems, but the convenience is undeniable. That's why I bought the Sony adapter that allows you to charge using micro USB, which will stay in my portable kit. While for home I got the dock. This WM1A deal has made me spend so much on accessories lol. I should receive my player tomorrow, so excited!

I guess everyone has different experiences.  My AK380 utilizes micro usb, and I've never had a problem.  Of course, YMMV, and apparently does.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #7,807 of 45,723
Wow!!! The Balanced cable makes a HUGE difference to me. I will never go back to SE for sure.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad to hear that.  On first trial, I didn't see much difference.  I'm going to finish the burn-in for SE first, then go back to balanced and hopefully see a big advantage.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #7,808 of 45,723
Glad to hear that.  On first trial, I didn't see much difference.  I'm going to finish the burn-in for SE first, then go back to balanced and hopefully see a big advantage.

My SE only burnt in about 17.5 hrs and I already noticed a bit improvement. From now on, all the way for Balanced burn in:joy:

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #7,810 of 45,723
  yes, you have to provide a receipt and "other" is a valid way to purchase, the receipt was clearly from japan

it's only a year and i guess with the build quality, it's gonna last long enough

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #7,811 of 45,723
Doeas anybody know why the Walkmans do not display some embedded artwork, its really such a waste of time
angry_face.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #7,812 of 45,723
Digital output?  I wasn't aware you could use the cable for digital output.  I use mine to transfer files and charge the unit.  Ahh, I guess you're talking about using it with a dock, which I don't have.  Thanks for the info, though.  I hadn't thought of it in terms of compatibility with the dock.

You can buy OTG Walkman cables to digital out as well. Normally the USB to Walkman supplied is for sync and charge only.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #7,813 of 45,723

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.

absolutely, it's only a year and with this build, it'll go quick

fill out form with serial number and upload jpg/pdf receipt

here's what you should see in your email

Thank you for registering your NWWM1Z Premium Walkman® with High-Resolution Audio (NW-WM1Z).
Here’s a summary:
Product model #: NWWM1Z
Serial #: XXXXXX <---YOUR SERIAL NUMBER
Purchase location: Other (received as a gift),
Purchase date: 2017-01-11

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #7,814 of 45,723
  Doeas anybody know why the Walkmans do not display some embedded artwork, its really such a waste of time
angry_face.gif

I really haven't encountered this issue before even with 3000+ tracks in my Walkman, not sure what people are doing.  But I would suggest try not to use any images that are too large, a good rule of thumb is artwork no larger than 500 x 500 pixel in either jpg or png format should work. 

Also formats like wav and dff can't embedded artwork.

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #7,815 of 45,723
Sorry to ask some basic charging questions again. Last night I hooked up the 1Z to my iMac and left it copying my Music overnight. In the morning, I noticed that I had a bar left in the battery - i.e. it wasn't charging whilst it was in USB storage storage mode for copying.

This morning, I had it plugged straight to a 1A wall-USB charger and it was charging the battery.....and all 4 bars were scrolling indicating it was charging :-

1) It looks like when charging, the 1Z is always on - i.e. it can't be switched off, and have it charging in off-mode
2) about 2 hrs later it jumped to FULL. I was expecting to see the bars to turn solid one by one to indicate progress of charge but it just seemed to have gone from all flashing bars to FULL after 2 hrs.

Are the two above normal? If so, then esp for #2, how does one see the progress of the charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back