SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #7,772 of 45,723
https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool#Changing_destination_settings_and_sound_pressure_regulation

Tried this instead and seems to have taken me to a quite complicated page. I'll check the earlier post to see if I can do it from here.

I've just PM'd you Gregg :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #7,773 of 45,723
I am busy with the Mozart 225 edition comparison vs the Phillips one, so i am leaving my 1a burn alone connected to my Z5s i left it playing overnight with the EQ ON and by morning wakeup today it had half battery

so experiemnt no. 2 using source direct ON now and see

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #7,776 of 45,723
Where are you based? If you're anywhere near London I'd be happy to meet up and do the hack for you. If takes about 10 seconds
smily_headphones1.gif

i thought the same thing unfortunately, across the water

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #7,777 of 45,723
Thank you for the above post. It's indeed a great thing for the community that this info is being maintained.

Maybe one day I'll take a deep breathe and attempt the hack!
biggrin.gif

the remote is worth it if you take it with you, especially the 1z...don't want to hold it

i can skype ya and show you

you have to have a PC though, hopefully running win7 or higher :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #7,778 of 45,723

For those who has access to taobao can get it for USD 32.

that's great price...shipping was free (and expedited) on ebay, would imagine after shipping that price might be closer to $65, no?

Sorry my quoted price was wrong, did a wrong conversion, itshould be about USD 36, but shipping to hong Kong or within parts of asian like macau, free shipping for china, or people who has access to taobao should cost no more that USD 44.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #7,780 of 45,723
the remote is worth it if you take it with you, especially the 1z...don't want to hold it

i can skype ya and show you

you have to have a PC though, hopefully running win7 or higher :)

Thanks! I have a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium on it.

The guy earlier in the thread has PM'd me and is going to take me through it later tonight :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #7,781 of 45,723
Thanks! I have a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium on it.

The guy earlier in the thread has PM'd me and is going to take me through it later tonight
smily_headphones1.gif

here's a link for some "command line" basics (not to try and confuse you)

Kinda surprised somebody with some apps skills didn't already create "GUI" interface for this took

here's the link

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/a-beginners-guide-to-the-windows-command-line/

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #7,785 of 45,723
Hi all, sorry for a noob question. Is there any external charger for WM1A, or it must be charged via PC USB port? Thanks.

You can use any USB charger. I use one that put out 2 amps so whatever I am charging takes what it wants. I prefer this to having to use an adapter specifically made for a dap as that is a hassle. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back