SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #7,850 of 45,723
That's correct - because open back, there is leakage.  How much you're willing to tolerate is individual preference.  For me, it's not a big deal.  As far as the 4,4mm, still waiting and will post my impressions once I've had ample time to listen.  

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #7,851 of 45,723
I have a different otg cable for my mojo that does not work (similar to the one below) but after reading a post from @bvng3540 it appears that my cable does not have a chip in it needed to work.

That is correct, I had been pointing this out too many times. The one with chip inside is and or have to be modified from OEM Sony dongles. It not only does offer ID chip but also extra processing prowess for Digital audio quality, in a senses it sounds much better than your typical wires (those that supplied inside the box of Sony Amplifier). Once modified, you can use this dongles with anything whether it checks or doesn't check ID

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #7,853 of 45,723
  Sorry to ask some basic charging questions again. Last night I hooked up the 1Z to my iMac and left it copying my Music overnight. In the morning, I noticed that I had a bar left in the battery - i.e. it wasn't charging whilst it was in USB storage storage mode for copying.

This morning, I had it plugged straight to a 1A wall-USB charger and it was charging the battery.....and all 4 bars were scrolling indicating it was charging :-

1) It looks like when charging, the 1Z is always on - i.e. it can't be switched off, and have it charging in off-mode
2) about 2 hrs later it jumped to FULL. I was expecting to see the bars to turn solid one by one to indicate progress of charge but it just seemed to have gone from all flashing bars to FULL after 2 hrs.

Are the two above normal? If so, then esp for #2, how does one see the progress of the charge?

it supossedly stops charging after FULL, and yes the charging is always ON

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #7,854 of 45,723
Ddid the experiemtn of leaving it playing all the night with no DSPs like EQ etc so source direct ON and the battery has only one bar missing, conclusión the DSPs chug on he battery pretty fast

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #7,856 of 45,723
Just a shot in the dark but find an 'offending track':
1. Use MP3Tag and load the track
2. Extract the album art from the track (also make sure there's only 1 image loaded to the track, not more)
3. Remove the album art from the track and 'save'
4. Rename the previously extracted art to something like 'cover.jpg' or 'folder.jpg' in its extracted folder
5. 'Add' the newly name album art to the blank track and 'save'

Load the music again and see what that does.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #7,857 of 45,723
Indeed. No matter what I try, MediaGo or no MediaGo, it just won't work in areliable fashion. Every software player I have shows the artwork, it even displays in MediaGo, but as soon as the files are transferred to the Walkman -- poof, gone! So annoying.

Edit: Format is .jpg and files are definitely not too large, btw.

I had a few albums that wouldn't display on the Sony, too.  A little over the top, maybe, but I converted my flac files to wav, then re-converted to flac.  After that process, the artwork showed up on the WM1A -- on all but one album.  YMMV.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #7,860 of 45,723
  Is there any TRRS 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapter's for sale anywhere?

I think surfcable.com can make you one.  I made my own and it wasn't too bad.  I grab the 3.5 TRRS female off from ebay and ordered the 4.4 mm from Effect Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back