Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Sep 27, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #1,757 of 1,999
Thanks! I think it's gonna have to be released on another place though, I don't know where yet. It seems that donation links are not allowed on this forum, so mine got removed from my signature.

I am not doing this for donations, but it's still work that is being done, sometimes with sleepless nights, and if someone feels like donating something, then why not? I never thought about it, but someone earns something from this place. There are ads running, etc., and I don't have a problem with that. However, it doesn't feel right that I can't have a simple donation link in my signature, yet the forum gathers views from the releasing of these mods.

Again, the mods are still gonna be made, but they're probably not gonna be released here, and it's probably against the rules to "advertise" the other future place where people can find the mods. Maybe I'm just gonna take a break.

See you around, if someone doesn't see this message as really bad, and I get banned or something for posting it.

Edit: I hope nobody felt like they had to donate anything or something like that. This post is just a reaction to the removal of the link from my signature. It doesn't feel right - I never asked anyone to donate or something like that, it was a simple link, available for anyone who felt like doing it.

Let me know what's your plan to going to release the new version of firmware. I would not hesitate to donate if it helps to build a motivation for you to improve the software. Again, I am not felt like paid something for request the better software, just because I want to :)

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #1,758 of 1,999
I would not hesitate to donate if it helps to build a motivation for you to improve the software.

I really appreciate the intention - no donation needed to build motivation!

I personally own the A45, and A55. I actually bought them out of interest for possible improvements, and they have great potential. The mods are gonna come, I promise. See you around.

Sep 27, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #1,760 of 1,999
I personally own the A45, and A55. I actually bought them out of interest for possible improvements, and they have great potential. The mods are gonna come, I promise. See you around.

Just a request @MrWalkman if you can release mod for NW-A45 without "CHARGING BATTERY INDICATOR" the one that you have added by yourself and keep everything that same as NW ZX300.

EDIT - Why did you remove the mod?

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #1,761 of 1,999
I really appreciate the intention - no donation needed to build motivation!

You are dope man my friend! My Walkman NW-A45 surprised me again after 3 years of release. I look forward to the new mod, we are with you, Mr.Walkman!

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #1,762 of 1,999
You are dope man my friend! My Walkman NW-A45 surprised me again after 3 years of release. I look forward to the new mod, we are with you, Mr.Walkman!

Thanks, man!

It's gonna get a hell lot better :)

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #1,764 of 1,999
Awesome! good luck with your work.

Tell me, does the operating system allow you to somehow improve the process of deleting tracks?

For example, when we swipe to the left, and there is a list of tracks that will play next, is it possible to somehow delete tracks from this menu?

The player app can't be modified like that without having access to its source code.

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #1,768 of 1,999
Since the links on www.mrwalkman.ml were taken down, can others who have the mods paste please new links especially for NW-A45!?

Hey, the links on www.mrwalkman.ml were not taken down. They just haven't been posted yet, as I have to work on the mods.

I'll PM you in the meanwhile.

Edit: You'll have to PM me first, as you disabled the possibility of receiving messages.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back