Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Nov 2, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #1,502 of 1,999
Ah right so that's as high as it goes?
It always goes up to 120 but the sound pressure level changes when it's uncapped. Don't you hear the difference?
You can check if the destination was successfully changed by connecting the player to the PC again and repeating the above procedure but instead typing
scsitool-nwz-v23.exe H: dest_tool get (again changing H). It should say the new destination code and that the sound pressure is off.

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #1,503 of 1,999
It always goes up to 120 but the sound pressure level changes when it's uncapped. Don't you hear the difference?
You can check if the destination was successfully changed by connecting the player to the PC again and repeating the above procedure but instead typing
scsitool-nwz-v23.exe H: dest_tool get (again changing H). It should say the new destination code and that the sound pressure is off.
OK yep it does say sound pressure off. Guess I'll give it some listening time, but I didn't notice any difference.

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,504 of 1,999
OK yep it does say sound pressure off. Guess I'll give it some listening time, but I didn't notice any difference.
Well, you get about 20% boost. All sonys have weak output due to the digital amp section, so don't expect miracles. The plenue d will still be louder as it has higher output power. Even my cowon iaudio hifi has more power and it's even smaller than the sony

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #1,505 of 1,999
Well, you get about 20% boost. All sonys have weak output due to the digital amp section, so don't expect miracles. The plenue d will still be louder as it has higher output power. Even my cowon iaudio hifi has more power and it's even smaller than the sony
Yep, all good.

I really only got the Sony to have for Bluetooth purposes once my Nuraloops arrive. Am seriously considering an LGV30.

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #1,506 of 1,999
Yep, all good.

I really only got the Sony to have for Bluetooth purposes once my Nuraloops arrive. Am seriously considering an LGV30.
Well, honestly the sony is pretty good for bluetooth. In fact, I compared the bluetooth of my huawei p30 pro, my asus rog 2 phone and sony and for some reason the sound quality using the sony was better. It's not about LDAC as nowadays all new phones support it.

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #1,507 of 1,999
Well, honestly the sony is pretty good for bluetooth. In fact, I compared the bluetooth of my huawei p30 pro, my asus rog 2 phone and sony and for some reason the sound quality using the sony was better. It's not about LDAC as nowadays all new phones support it.

iPhones don’t, only Android

Nov 3, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #1,508 of 1,999
iPhones don’t, only Android
Yeah, my bad! I guess I just never think of the iphones as new phones. iOS is just so limiting and has been stuck for years. Can't deny the power of the bionic SoCs though. It's funny how apple fans have being repeating how ios is so intuitive and android is for geeks, while actually the only reason I have an apple device is because of its SoC and the exclusive games, so only because I'm a geek.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #1,510 of 1,999
Well here I am again, I did post up on this thread over a year ago. And once again amazon have this at a good price. Not found a full review on this site yet ? I do use 3 xduoo X3 players which I'm happy with, but now this is very tempting.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,511 of 1,999
Well here I am again, I did post up on this thread over a year ago. And once again amazon have this at a good price. Not found a full review on this site yet ? I do use 3 xduoo X3 players which I'm happy with, but now this is very tempting.
I saw this today. I’m tempted but there’s plenty of bad reviews. After a bad experience with the Fiio m6 I’m a bit dubious

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #1,512 of 1,999
Agree, very hard to get a full review...some love it, some don't. Gonna have a look at the YouTube reviews next , then decide. As 113 is a great price. If it plays my micro sd 64gb cards without any trouble.......get back to you lol

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,513 of 1,999
Agree, very hard to get a full review...some love it, some don't. Gonna have a look at the YouTube reviews next , then decide. As 113 is a great price. If it plays my micro sd 64gb cards without any trouble.......get back to you lol

It's pretty much identical to the A35 with a few new features so you can read those reviews if you're still on the fence. At this point it's two generations old - the A55 is current with the A105 releasing in other countries now (albeit at a higher price point).

Nov 22, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #1,514 of 1,999

It works fine with cards up to 1TB (which is what I’m using)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back