SONY MDR-XB700 HEADPHONES, any reviews?
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #46 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, it just says "optional replacement ear cushions can be ordered from your nearest Sony dealer".

ok thanks for the tip! I might wait a little while then
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #50 of 145
If you happen to be a Sony Rewards member (free to sign up), the XB700 is this week's Deal of the Week at $66 (tax and shipping was about $9 more for my location). Not bad considering you are buying directly from Sony.

I'd get a second pair for the office but I need more bass.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #51 of 145
That by far is the best deal I've seen for the XB700s to date... well worth the price.

I must've paid over +$150 for mine shipped from Japan about 4-5 months ago (port rig). They're now well broken in and it's true, these cans can deliver massive bass that I've never heard before from any other cans. I also own the Beyer dt880/250 (primary cans), to many they're well known for their comfort, but the pads on the XB's are even moe comfier and have decent mids/highs but don't sound as bad as some of the reviews out there. When I need bass, I use the XBs and when it's time for relaxed listening/tube rolling I use my Beyers.

Note: the XB's do NOT require amping.

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #52 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by zozo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you happen to be a Sony Rewards member (free to sign up), the XB700 is this week's Deal of the Week at $66 (tax and shipping was about $9 more for my location). Not bad considering you are buying directly from Sony.

I'd get a second pair for the office but I need more bass.

dang! I'm not from the US, and I only want the pads(shipping to europe would be a couple of bucks in an enveloppe), if anyone wants a spare XB700 w/o the pads for very CHEAP...drop me a PM, might be handy to have spare drivers
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #56 of 145
can the pads on the xb700 be taken off, or are you planning to transplant the driver into the xb700?

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #57 of 145
I am actually rather interested in these! I said I would never buy a Sony headphone again as R10s are gone and others are just not good. Maybe these can be my fun bass can with some ok mids and upper range?

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #58 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am actually rather interested in these! I said I would never buy a Sony headphone again as R10s are gone and others are just not good. Maybe these can be my fun bass can with some ok mids and upper range?

I love them. I was about to buy the AT ES7s. I found a local audio shop that carried them and they were nice enough to take them out of the bag so I can test them out. To be honest, I was severely disappointed with them, especially after all the praise they've been getting. The cans felt flimsy and they were really uncomfortable for me (I know there's a tweak to make them better but it's not something I want to do on a new pair of good cans) and in my case, I thought they lacked bass. So, that actually led me to finally buy the XB700 and I love them. You can always test them out at a local Sony Store before buying them to see if they're right for you.

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #59 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by cLy_eVo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can the pads on the xb700 be taken off, or are you planning to transplant the driver into the xb700?

good point! but I'll find a way to fit them
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back