Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Apr 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #76 of 772
I was using my DX100. Yeah I'll try to head back to give a better listen. I was distracted & was focused more on the FitEar MH334 so I didn't want to take up too much of their time demoing so many head/earphones.

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #78 of 772
i wonder why Sony is the only company coming out with drivers larger than around 50mm [audio technica has 53 mm in a lot of their models.  otherwise, i think 50mm is the largest i've seen].  i understand that there are drawbacks to larger drivers but with technology, including new materials, i'd think that there would be more larger driver headphones by now.  Also, there aren't too many multi-driver full size headphones [in contrast, there are dual dynamic driver in ear monitors].  maybe this has to due with the difficulty in getting the coherence at the distance that full size headphones' drivers are from the ears.  the Klipsch Mode has a tweeter and main driver and the upcoming Final Audio Design Muramasa has two drivers.
[note: I know very little physics, so these could be dumb questions].

​

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #79 of 772
http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=117

Then of course there's the popular planar magnetic brands such as Audez'e and Hifiman-- all of which use large drivers. And they're hifi staples on head-fi.

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #80 of 772
i forgot about the HD800.  speaking of which, would Sennheiser be able to tune it differently to be a somewhat bassy/fun headphone with incredibly textured and deep bass?

​

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #84 of 772
Im guessing nobody on head-fi has bought one yet? Either that or they are enjoying it too much to have any time to post some impressions. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #85 of 772
They are not available to purchase anywhere right now, nobody has them except a few shops in Japan carrying demos which can't be purchased ( as far as I am aware )   They are due for release sometime around the end of the month to the first week of May.  

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #86 of 772
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666438593

"In stock, estimated ship date 4/17/2012."

May be a fluke, may be a pre-order, I don't know. I just know it's said "In stock" for a week or so now. Someone try it and find out - lol.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #88 of 772

Quote:
Sony doesn't understand the difference between pre order and "in stock".  

Sony doesn't seem to understand a lot of things 
tongue.gif

It's like the PS3. So many cores and such a complicated coding, developers found it difficult to make games. I don't know why but I've got a feeling this headphone will have a major flaw somewhere or another, a headphone that does it all? If the sound is worthy of it's price tag then I won't mind paying it, but at the moment, it's the major flaw, at least here in England anyway. I know I've probably repeated myself like 3 times now. I'm just dying from upgraditis. The only headphone I've got atm are the $30 Panasonics and I desperately want to upgrade.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #89 of 772
Over the past few weeks, the listing went out of stock, then back in stock a few times yet nobody at Sony really cared enough to tell anyone its a pre order, but everyone else carrying the Ma900 slaps a big PRE ORDER sticker on the ad listing.  Sony...ugh.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #90 of 772

Quote:
Over the past few weeks, the listing went out of stock, then back in stock a few times yet nobody at Sony really cared enough to tell anyone its a pre order, but everyone else carrying the Ma900 slaps a big PRE ORDER sticker on the ad listing.  Sony...ugh.

I noticed the out of stock sign on the American website. I thought everyone had bought it all on the first day, which seemed a little weird. Headphone releases aren't as big as lets say console launches. Shouldn't go out of stock so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back