Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #317 of 1,311
new member here. just got my ex600 two days ago for $149 from US ebay , has burned in about 20 hours with pink noise and every kind of music... no luck for me , i think i got the fake one... sound quality completely muddy and i can't hear the treble!!! only pretty good bass and very very forward mid that kill the treble and the soundstage... my ex510 and ex500 ( got it from nearest sony center here in sydney ) sound's much better and much clearer with bigger soundstage.. i might just return it.. i never thought i got the fake one and never thought there are fake ex600 already out there. very very disapointed after reading so many good reviews here... :frowning2:  sorry for my poor english..

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #321 of 1,311

Quote:
Can anyone give a comparison of these with the CKM99?

I've got both but haven't done a direct comparison yet (I don't really enjoy A/B'ing phones), but I intend to pretty soon.

From memory, I'd say there's a bit more bass quantity, with a bit more mid-bass on the 99s, but bass, on the whole, is not quite as refined as on the 600s, but still very good, better than many top-tiers. As for mids, the 99s have the edge over the 600s (a bit more forward, fuller, not in-your-face, very nice), and treble is a little smoother on the 600s. Soundstage is very good on both, but on the 600s is a little wider. At higher volumes the CKM99s can be a little fatiguing with some music after a while due to their more V-shaped type of sound. At low volumes I think both are close, but might prefer the 99s (would need to confirm this).

**Really need to compare both directly to confirm the above comments, so take these with a grain of salt. I will say, however, the CKM99 is an excellent phone - beautiful design, great build-quality (better than the 600s though no detachable cables), VERY comfortable, fairly decent seal & isolation and better for outside use, but cable is a bit microphonic and has no chin slider.

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #322 of 1,311
Those look pretty real to me in every way.  I mean every way.  Did it come w/ the box of 10 tips?  And the clamshell case?

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #324 of 1,311

Quote:
yes but it comes with one cable only...

So does mine.  How many are the 600s supposed to have?  Maybe I have a genuine fake too.  
tongue_smile.gif
  I can't believe anyone could fake all that so accurately down to each tip and their color and it would be worth their while.

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #325 of 1,311
cause i read here that some get two cables... and another one is a shorter cable... don't know maybe different region gets different package... just the sq is a big NO for me... cause i've been using the ex500 & 510 for such a while and i really enjoy them. i expect a big upgrade when i decided to purchase these one... but still can't get it at all... 

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #326 of 1,311
Nope. In the USA you guys only get one cable with the EX600 (and EX600 cables for the EX1000).
Until this day I have not seen a fake EX600/800/1000. Mainly due to the weird housing shapes, I guess. But in China they already have fake Sennheiser Orpheus so who am I to judge.
Sometimes the fit might not be correct even if you think it is. When I first got the Triple.Fi-Ten, the seal was excellent. Pulling out created serious suction, but the fit was wrong! Because the sound was severely muffled and panned to the left. Same thing with SE530!
Try switching tips.

Also FYI Anax, fake Hybrids-a plenty.

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #327 of 1,311

Quote:

Also FYI Anax, fake Hybrids-a plenty.

I know that but I've never seen them in 10 different sizes properly colored in a perfectly copied chocolate bar box.  Have you?  Including the noise isolating ones?

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #330 of 1,311
one more thing. i just wanna ask you guys , is these phone hard to drive or easy to drive for you guys... cause mine is very easy to drive , i use it with my walkman s755 and i just need 13-15 for the volume... but with my ex500 & 510 i need 15-17.. i like to hear music in medium volume..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back