SONY IER-Z1R
Mar 4, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #15,121 of 15,280
If anyone on here is looking for the best eartips to use with their Z1R, I highly recommend the Sony EP EX-11 tips.

Easily the most comfortable eartips I've tried, while also balancing out the frequency response a bit.
It slightly tames the bass, which also gives a bit more room for the midrange to come forward.

And at the same time it magically solved the biggest problem I had with the sound of the Z1R, which was the ever so slightly sharp lower treble spike.
This has caused some sibilance in the vocals at times.

But now, with the EP EX-11 it's all perfect.

I've stopped looking any further for tips.
I feel like these are a perfect match for the Z1R and I can't recommend them enough.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #15,122 of 15,280
If anyone on here is looking for the best eartips to use with their Z1R, I highly recommend the Sony EP EX-11 tips.

Easily the most comfortable eartips I've tried, while also balancing out the frequency response a bit.
It slightly tames the bass, which also gives a bit more room for the midrange to come forward.

And at the same time it magically solved the biggest problem I had with the sound of the Z1R, which was the ever so slightly sharp lower treble spike.

I feel like these are a perfect match for the Z1R and I can't recommend them enough.
Agree, these are the #1 tips for Z1R for me as well. I'm experimenting with AZLA MAX ASMR as well, but in terms of overall comfort and sound, Sony knew what they were doing with the EP-EX11 and Z1R.

Mar 5, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #15,123 of 15,280

Aren't these the old EX/XBA era standard Sony tips?

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #15,124 of 15,280
Anyone try generic AliExpress triple flange? These might have pulled out into first place...

20240305_202337.jpg
Clear but unsybilant, pleasant upper mids/low treble, clean midrange, and a full but very much controlled low end. I'll give them some more ear time, but I'm almost disappointed at how good these cheapies sound given some units that run $10-$20 per ear tip don't perform as well.

Mar 6, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #15,125 of 15,280
Anyone try generic AliExpress triple flange?
I did, and they were saviours for me a few times—good seal and sound when nothing worked.
But they were not comfortable for me.
I gave up every time; it just felt uncomfortable.

Right now, I use DUNU, those elastic...I think folks don't like them much :)
I find them excellent. The seal and the sound with IER are great, too.

Some IEMs don't react (soundwise) well with them.
Sony fortunately does.

Cheers

Mar 6, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #15,126 of 15,280
Playing God of War Valhalla with Z1R and DAMN, these really are amazing for adding to an engaging and immersive experience with how spacious they are. One of the best IEMs for gaming as well as music imo. Every game sounds epic.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #15,127 of 15,280
Playing God of War Valhalla with Z1R and DAMN, these really are amazing for adding to an engaging and immersive experience with how spacious they are. One of the best IEMs for gaming as well as music imo. Every game sounds epic.
Guys, a little offtopic, but how do you guys usually play on console with IEMs ?
Do you use a Bluetooth dongle or just connect to the controller ?

I remember I tried connecting my SR8 on my PS5 controller and it wasn't a nice expirence lol (Mainly because of the hiss tbh)

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #15,128 of 15,280
Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #15,129 of 15,280
(Is it bad that my favorite tips so far might be Comply T400?)

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #15,130 of 15,280
Why would that be bad ?
If that is what works best for you then that’s the right choice.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #15,131 of 15,280
Why would that be bad ?
It that is what works best for you then that’s the right choice.
The consensus is it's so restricting on the treble that you're kind of ruining everything. But in this case it offsets the heat enough and makes everything very cohesive to my ear

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #15,132 of 15,280
The consensus is it's so restricting on the treble that you're kind of ruining everything. But in this case it offsets the heat enough and makes everything very cohesive to my ear
Z1R have forwarded low trebles and mid trebles, I'm not surprised if lot of people feel they are too fowarded especially for treble sensitive users and choice of foam eartips to reduce them is very understandable. Why not? 🙂

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #15,134 of 15,280
Guys, a little offtopic, but how do you guys usually play on console with IEMs ?
Do you use a Bluetooth dongle or just connect to the controller ?

I remember I tried connecting my SR8 on my PS5 controller and it wasn't a nice expirence lol (Mainly because of the hiss tbh)

I connect straight to the controller. And yeah I imagine SR8 out of the PS5 controller would be Hiss City. You have to use IEMs that aren't too sensitive with that controller, or at least I do. I guess I do have an ifi iematch+ though, just thought of that...

I think I might try to connect my Qudelix T71 to my PS5 and see how that fares. It does have PS5 support, but I'm not sure if that extends to multichannel PS5 support as well. But I guess it would be pretty pointless if it didn't. Will report back.

Edit - It's just standard two channel. But it was nice hearing the PS5 so clean for once.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #15,135 of 15,280
I don’t like Comply with the Z1R as the rigid stem hurts when inserting it deeply but I can totally understand why you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back