SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 25, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #8,537 of 15,265
Need to try 'em on the M7 as well, the more size.on the sonys is ridiculous small.
15983656642367238868970083073414.jpg

Edit on both IER-Z1R and M7 I used sony hybrids MS,

On Z1R for xelastec MS and M on M7

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #8,538 of 15,265
@gerelmx1986 do you still use your Custom Art tips? I tried numerous tips without joy - always got the sound with discomfort or relative comfort with poor sound. So, after researching on this thread, saw that you'd got some Custom Art tips and sounded happy with them. (I already had some for my Andros and was very happy with those too) So I received my Z1R custom tips today. Had to do a little bit of surgery cutting part of the Sony stock cable ear hook sleeve away as it was causing pressure on the top of my ear lobe due to the units protruding further out with the customs. But now I've altered the hooks, I feel like at long last I can appreciate the sound on these and be comfortable at the same time after an hour or so. Saw your latest post and wondered if you are still using yours?

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #8,539 of 15,265
@gerelmx1986 do you still use your Custom Art tips? I tried numerous tips without joy - always got the sound with discomfort or relative comfort with poor sound. So, after researching on this thread, saw that you'd got some Custom Art tips and sounded happy with them. (I already had some for my Andros and was very happy with those too) So I received my Z1R custom tips today. Had to do a little bit of surgery cutting part of the Sony stock cable ear hook sleeve away as it was causing pressure on the top of my ear lobe due to the units protruding further out with the customs. But now I've altered the hooks, I feel like at long last I can appreciate the sound on these and be comfortable at the same time after an hour or so. Saw your latest post and wondered if you are still using yours?
yes i use them mainly with ier-m7

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #8,540 of 15,265
Adding to your girth!

For those who find the largest stock tips still not big enough, it might be worth a shot to try this mod with "thread protectors" from Ace hardware. Inserting a red or orange one (cut to your desired depth) inside your tip will make it fit a little tighter and might provide a better seal. Again, your mileage will vary as it's personal to your ear's anatomy but nevertheless a cheap mod to try as they're under 40 cents a pair and could make the stock tips usable.

tipshafts.jpg

Just a quick update on this as I found a more readily available source for similar protectors by way of Amazon. Even if you don't have a need to "biggerize" your Sony tips, they are an interesting (and cheap!) way to experiment with adjusting fit. Additionally, you can cut it to different lengths to adjust insertion depth which I find can have a very positive effect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081T1YMRB/

stems.jpg

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #8,541 of 15,265
Just a quick update on this as I found a more readily available source for similar protectors by way of Amazon. Even if you don't have a need to "biggerize" your Sony tips, they are an interesting (and cheap!) way to experiment with adjusting fit. Additionally, you can cut it to different lengths to adjust insertion depth which I find can have a very positive effect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081T1YMRB/

stems.jpg

Interesting to get a deeper fit... Won't the "rubber" sucked up all the highs? :thinking:

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #8,543 of 15,265
Received my Sedna Earfit Xelastec and they are huge compared to other tips, here the L next to Final E LL. Luckily I have HUGE ears so I can use them.

0D09C5D6-D0C7-4F83-B0DB-8D31E87477CA.jpeg

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #8,544 of 15,265
Hey guys... Sure this has been discussed already, but, you know... 571 pages, ha ha.

So the IER-Z1R is sold out everywhere... Has it been discontInued? Maybe a M2 version coming? Or is it just massive shipping delays due to the pandemic?

Cheers

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #8,547 of 15,265
Hey guys... Sure this has been discussed already, but, you know... 571 pages, ha ha.

So the IER-Z1R is sold out everywhere... Has it been discontInued? Maybe a M2 version coming? Or is it just massive shipping delays due to the pandemic?

Cheers
Maybe sold out because high demand

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #8,548 of 15,265

Users who are viewing this thread

Back