SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 28, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #4,981 of 15,276
Hmmm :thinking: So I've been mostly listening to IER-Z1R for the past several weeks which I freakin love, and today, I pulled out my old SE846 (spinfit/oriveti affinity 4.4) and did a quick A/B. Switching back after a quick session, the Z1R sounded/felt very unnatural/synthesized with quite recessed mids. I was surprised. Then after 5-10 minutes, they sounded really good again. Now I'm wondering if A/Bing is a good way to audition new IEMs? Once you get used to a certain sound signature, maybe my brain perceives them as right/ideal sound? Or maybe it was just pronounced due to SE846's forward mids? Anyways, it was just weird how wrong Z1Rs sounded for a minute.

I can totally see this happening. I do strongly believe your mind gets used to a sound, and something else sounds off at first listen. That's why quick impressions are meaningless.

I've had the same thing happen when comparing the SE846 to other IEMs. Nothing like those lush mids :)

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #4,983 of 15,276
Aug 28, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #4,984 of 15,276
Back to the party, released from hospital. My IER-M7 should come tomorrow.

U has a severe retinal detachment that reached the macula. My prognosis is bad I may not work as software developer again. Currently seeing bad all darkned

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #4,985 of 15,276

U has a severe retinal detachment that reached the macula. My prognosis is bad I may not work as software developer again. Currently seeing bad all darkned

That sounds nasty, hope you recover soon enough!

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #4,986 of 15,276

Wow, so sorry to hear this news. Wishing you all the best, and many hopes for a good recovery.

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #4,987 of 15,276

Sorry to hear that. Wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #4,988 of 15,276

I will pray for you, hope you recover soon. You should stop using computers.

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #4,989 of 15,276
Aug 28, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #4,991 of 15,276

Jeez what happened? Trauma to the eye? high blood pressure/ high intraocular pressure?

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #4,992 of 15,276

I also had a retina detachment this year, the macula came off, and the first detachment didn't take so I had another detachment and another eye surgery. I also had a cataract and had to have that removed. I can see but cannot read thru that eye, my other eye is 20/20 corrected. Make sure the first eye surgery is a success, going thru this twice, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, it was horrible. I wish you luck.
Oh I forgot, just ordered my IER-Z1R! Will receive it this Friday. Just know, life goes on, I've been there done that.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #4,994 of 15,276
Just got these today and after an hour or so of listening I have to return them. The bass is too fatiguing and actually causes a lot of discomfort inside of my ears, the same thing happened to me with the LCDi4 unfortunately
A guy once said that when you change headphones you have to go thorough a "detox" period (a guy being my hi-fi dealer and once being last week).

What is your current headphone btw?

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #4,995 of 15,276
A guy once said that when you change headphones you have to go thorough a "detox" period (a guy being my hi-fi dealer and once being last week).

What is your current headphone btw?
I don’t think a detox won’t get rid of the discomfort or pain. My current headphones are the final audio D8000 and I just came from the empire ears Legend Xs which had way more bass but not nearly as much impact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back