SONY IER-Z1R
Nov 11, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #14,731 of 15,364
Coreir tips fit very loosely with Z1R. I just went back and took off Z1R from my ears, but I still felt one of my ears was blocked. It turned out that one of the Coreir tip stucked in my ear when I pulled Z1R out.
Because of Z1R's small nozzle, happens ocassionally with me, not every time, just when I pull out them too quick

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #14,732 of 15,364
Because of Z1R's small nozzle, happens ocassionally with me, not every time, just when I pull out them too quick
On mine they fit so tight that sometimes when I pull them out the mushroom goes inside out but they’ve never come of

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #14,733 of 15,364
Coreir tips fit very loosely with Z1R. I just went back and took off Z1R from my ears, but I still felt one of my ears was blocked. It turned out that one of the Coreir tip stucked in my ear when I pulled Z1R out.
That's an instant fail for tips for me. If a tip falls off the IEM it's unusable with that IEM for me. It's why I can't use my favourite Sony EP-EX11 tips with so many IEMs, otherwise I literally wouldn't use anything else.

With Coreir that's not the issue though, they just don't fit my ear canals since they don't bend at all. Can't even get the size S tips to fit. The only IEMs that work with Coreir for me is IE900.

Nov 12, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #14,734 of 15,364
Can you please post side by side picture of Crystal and Coreir, top and from the side.
here we go
01.jpg

02.jpg

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #14,735 of 15,364
I had a coreir brass tip come off the nozzle and stay in my ear when removing my Z1R last night, back to the trusty Final type E. I only briefly tried out the spinfit omni but so far so good, I'll have to listen for longer and more intently to evaluate. not as secure or comfortable as the final or radius deep mount tips though.

Nov 15, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #14,736 of 15,364
I had a coreir brass tip come off the nozzle and stay in my ear when removing my Z1R last night, back to the trusty Final type E. I only briefly tried out the spinfit omni but so far so good, I'll have to listen for longer and more intently to evaluate. not as secure or comfortable as the final or radius deep mount tips though.
IMO Final E are the best tips for any narrow bore iem.

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #14,737 of 15,364
Nov 15, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #14,738 of 15,364
Nov 15, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #14,739 of 15,364
Just got these IEM's today in a trade. Excited to put them through their paces. I have already tried a few tips, only the Coreir came out once in my ear. So far the Symbio W and some Azla's did not.

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #14,740 of 15,364
Nov 15, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #14,741 of 15,364
Is the Z1R good with Classic Rock despite their lower midrange dip?

I really want to try this IEM because of the hype about it's bass and treble, but I want to know some thoughts if they are good with Classic Rock and not just bass heavy genres like EDM, hip-hop etc (which I personally don't listen to much...)

Nov 15, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #14,742 of 15,364
Just got these IEM's today in a trade. Excited to put them through their paces. I have already tried a few tips, only the Coreir came out once in my ear. So far the Symbio W and some Azla's did not.
What are your impressions? Is it really an end game keeper like most people say? I'm seriously considering one.

Nov 15, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #14,743 of 15,364

I really want to try this IEM because of the hype about it's bass and treble, but I want to know some thoughts if they are good with Classic Rock and not just bass heavy genres like EDM, hip-hop etc (which I personally don't listen to much...)
For me, my answer is yes. However, different people have difference perspective, you'd better to find an oppotunity to demo it. However, most of the issue regarding Z1R is not the sound quality of signature, for its price range, it is hard to beat in almost any category. The most issue people have with Z1R is the fitting.
On the other hand, if you are willing to buy second-hand, even if you end up selling it, you won't lose much as the used price is very stable.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #14,744 of 15,364

Absolutely yes, the bass doesn't come anywhere near to overwhelming the signature. In fact I don't consider Z1R 'bass heavy' in the same way as say an Xe6 or LX is bass heavy. Sure the mids aren't forward, but to me they're not overly recessed either and always very clear and detailed.

Nov 16, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #14,745 of 15,364
Absolutely yes, the bass doesn't come anywhere near to overwhelming the signature. In fact I don't consider Z1R 'bass heavy' in the same way as say an Xe6 or LX is bass heavy. Sure the mids aren't forward, but to me they're not overly recessed either and always very clear and detailed.
Don't forget how insanely fast the mids are. They are not to the taste of everyone in regard of quantity, but they are absolutely insane in terms of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back