SONY IER-Z1R
Nov 3, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #14,701 of 15,290
Didn't take me too long to find the best way to wear the Z1R comfortably. I have small ear and tiny ear canal so I don't get why some people find the fit to be a deal breaker. Could be the weight ? Most other IEMs have bigger nozzles that can't go into my ear canal deep enough, except for Sony IEMs.
Me too. I just came across Crinnacle's review recently and actually saw how deeply they sit for him - I have a totally stable fit, but they stick out quite a bit.

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #14,702 of 15,290
The fear of Z1R's fit actually if I observed, happen mostly with they who that just try the Z1R on demo, or were trying with their friend's unit.

On contrary, those who personally have the Z1R, mostly or big percentage will find their own way with the fit

Why? Maybe because they that try Z1R didn't have enough time to figure out and tip rolling to have great fit while owner of the Z1R have more time to slowly tip rolling and feel the best fit. Once we get the "way", actually the Z1R fit is good enough at least for me. Not the best fit with that heavy zirconium but nothing to be scared of.

About the cables, there are multiple cases of faulty connector on the Z1R shell so I suggest be careful not to pull them with force or change cable too often. And as many user here stated, the default cable of Z1R is pretty decent.
I feel the fit issues are greatly over exaggerated and I regret reading about those as I would have bought them much earlier otherwise.

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #14,704 of 15,290
Just got the Plussound Dionysian cable in today. Really happy with the feel of the cable, packing was very impressive. Love the cable though I probably should of done the black sleeving on the bottom like the Apollonian.

EDIT: Sadly the right side of the cable is malfunctioning and I have to send it back in. Not risking using the stock cable with the breakages so Z1R is going to be on the sideline till I get the cable back.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #14,707 of 15,290
noise from a cable is negligible unless your cable goes across a few football fields
Technically no, but certain cables can reduce noise and shift the FR balance so that there's more perceived resolution/detail coming through. At the end of the day what you get is equivalent to hearing more resolution.

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #14,709 of 15,290
IMG_7467.png
These are eBay refurbished- I just got mine from another seller but had been looking at these - that’s a steal as come with warranty too

Nov 10, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #14,710 of 15,290
Anyone try the xDSD Gryphon by iFi audio with these babies? Seems powerful enough for most even fullsize cans. Seems to have a lot of options for base/mids etc, so the synergy could be really good
I own both, but mostly use my IER-Z1R with my WM1Z, I purchased the Gryphon to use with my MDR-Z1R for movies.
I'm not a technical listener, and only briefly tried the pairing for music. The standard sound is very good with adequate power from the 4.4mm output, but for a bit of fun the XBass gives it a mighty boost that you can get away with for some tracks, but for other bass-heavy tracks it is a bit over the top - still fun though. The IER-Z1R seems to respond well to the XSpace giving it a bit of a 3D effect - someone might perceive it as unnatural but I enjoy it.
Visually, they are are stunning pairing.

20230317_185756.jpg

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #14,712 of 15,290
Guys, you all need to try Coreir brass tips. They are the game changer. I just received them and listened with Z1R for just a few min and Wow, Wow! They absolutely raise the Z1R's performance up by one more level. Everything I heard is more crispy, clear, with better bass, better feel of sound stage.

Nov 11, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #14,713 of 15,290
Guys, you all need to try Coreir brass tips. They are the game changer. I just received them and listened with Z1R for just a few min and Wow, Wow! They absolutely raise the Z1R's performance up by one more level. Everything I heard is more crispy, clear, with better bass, better feel of sound stage.
Yeah they are pretty good - but I’ve found others too be as well - at the end of the day it’s all about fit/seal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back