SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #14,642 of 15,290
Out of warranty. There is a slight movement when they are in place. It has never been difficult to remove the cables from the IEMs. Everything looks OK to me.
To me it looks like the inner ring/sleeve of the female plugs has been pulled out and are stuck on the male tips

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #14,643 of 15,290
Someones whose tip fell off versus the person that just posted, tip looks on to me.
tempImageHcnb01.jpg
sony_2.jpg

Oct 15, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #14,645 of 15,290
In the end out of the 40k(what serial number are we up to now) sold there's only been a few that we seen that that happened, but the risk is always there especially if you constantly connect and disconnect, but your photos look like they are still attached from the image you provided.
I'd try the other cables to see if they product sound in the left, if it doesn't look at the metal part in the middle of the IEM mmcx connector see if both have the same little tube and hole opened the same, maybe the left one is too large or too small and doesn't come in contact with the cable part

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #14,647 of 15,290
Someones whose tip fell off versus the person that just posted, tip looks on to me.tempImageHcnb01.jpgsony_2.jpg

The red one (R side) is the default, good condition one. The white (L side) one is the faulty one with the tip of the male MMCX pulled off

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #14,648 of 15,290
Are the connectors really that fragile or we only hear about it here? I don't mess with cables, but I bought an used XBA-Z5 last month from a guy who removed the cable after each session lol... it's still fine after all these years.

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #14,649 of 15,290
Are the connectors really that fragile or we only hear about it here? I don't mess with cables, but I bought an used XBA-Z5 last month from a guy who removed the cable after each session lol... it's still fine after all these years.
I haven't removed the cable since day 1. My serial is in the middle of the 4150's

Oct 16, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #14,650 of 15,290

I had four cable to try with Z1R, initially when I got it. Did remove cable two or three time each session. I might have changed cables 100's of times. Lucky for me nothing went wrong.

Tick with mmcx cable remove could be not pull with force, if does not pop out in one angle then change the angle a bit and pull it gentlely, it will come out.

Oct 16, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #14,651 of 15,290
The red one (R side) is the default, good condition one. The white (L side) one is the faulty one with the tip of the male MMCX pulled off
I know that that is why I posted it lol, the first pic it showing someones from a year ago that it fell off, the second photo is the person saying they have issues with theirs 2 days ago and people are saying maybe the tip fell off which it is clearly still on in the pic

Oct 16, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #14,652 of 15,290

Vocal minority + internet perception. It only makes sense that people would come here specifically to post about issues, but when you have 10 people all with the same problem, your brain isn't thinking about the thousands of people without any issues, and we come to the conclusion "seems like TONS of people are having this issue!", when in reality it's like 0.1% of people or something lol.

With that being said, I still err on the side of caution and don't cable roll much.

Oct 16, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #14,653 of 15,290
Have any of you ever listened to the Z1R using a tube amp? I've been swapping between my A90D + E70, RS5Gen2 and an Ifi blu and while I liked the IEM, I wasn't that big of a fan. Yesterday I ended up using my Z1R with my Wa7 Fireflies and I cannot emphasize this enough, holy crap it's good. I really really suggest if you guys get a chance (whether CanJam or whereever) you try the Z1R with it.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #14,654 of 15,290
Can someone suggest me the best (subjective hopinion) cable for the ier z1r? I suffer the high notes after 5 kHz and I want the most politely SQ from this in ear,improving its resolution
Thanks a lot for who help me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back