SONY IER-Z1R
Jan 6, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #11,326 of 15,290
Wait CA iem cables are compatible with Z1R?
O that’s right, the Z1R socket is more recessed than standard MMCX or something like that? I just assumed it would fit since my ConX MMCX also fits the Z1R. I can try tomorrow.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #11,327 of 15,290
I don't have the Z1R (yet?) but I have the M9 and I believe the MMCX socket design is the same or similar. I can fit ALO cables but there's space around the connector, which leaves room for wiggle and strain. I mitigated the problem by wrapping a thin strip of clear medical tape around the plug to give it a little more width and it seems to friction fit better now.
IMG_9097.jpg

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #11,328 of 15,290
Wait CA iem cables are compatible with Z1R?

Ok. Thanks guys i am receiving my Z1R tomorrow so will get in touch with one of you. Cheers.
Most mmcx cables will fit and work but removing them can often be a pain due to the recessed sockets on the Z1R

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #11,329 of 15,290
I found that my Fiio LC cable wasn't firmly seated when connected and was a bit wobbly. i didnt want to risk wearing out the connector on the IEM, so i took it off....almost breaking it in the process.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #11,331 of 15,290
have you paired the z1r with rs6? im looking to get the z1r, but not sure how it will pair with the rs6
Yes I have, that's my main DAP pairing and it works beautifully. I prefer the Z1R on the RS6 to the R8, if that's any indication of synergy.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #11,333 of 15,290
Nice. I've been eyeing a z1r for awhile, but never pulled the trigger
I've been eyeing them for 4 years, put off by all the 'horror fit' stories. Had to go through an entire IEM journey only to realise my favourite IEMs were right there all along. 😅

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #11,334 of 15,290
The bass slam on these babies is just through the roof. Incredible engineering
Yes, it’s (to me) realistic bass...........and natural as well as fun!

Jan 7, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #11,335 of 15,290
I've been eyeing them for 4 years, put off by all the 'horror fit' stories. Had to go through an entire IEM journey only to realise my favourite IEMs were right there all along. 😅
It’s great to see the IER-Z1R hype is still alive and kicking. such a great iem, and a bargain by today’s TOTL standards 😅

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #11,337 of 15,290
I wish more ppl would realize this and give them a chance.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #11,338 of 15,290
Z1R is a top 5 IEM for me. Great price for today's TOTL market. That said, enough people have real fit issues with it that it can't be ignored. The M9 is much more comfortable and also sounds great.

You have to go through the IEM journey or you really don't know what is your best.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #11,339 of 15,290
Z1R is a top 5 IEM for me. Great price for today's TOTL market. That said, enough people have real fit issues with it that it can't be ignored. The M9 is much more comfortable and also sounds great.

You have to go through the IEM journey or you really don't know what is your best.
I bought my JH13 ciem 11 years ago (still have them and use them) and then the IER-Z1R when it came out and have been dappling a little in cheap China iems just for fun.

Jan 7, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #11,340 of 15,290
So very true. I think with experience you get a sense of what's out there - it's almost like the familiarity that comes with living in a place long enough, that you can get your bearings from almost anywhere.

Same with IEMs for me. I haven't heard them all, but I've heard enough across the range, from the cheapest to the most expensive and everything in-between, that I have a very good idea of what my preferences are ('best' for me), and can also get a good idea of whether or not a new IEM or one I've never heard before will work for me based on how it's compared to IEMs I know.

I think with Z1R, I now have enough of my bearings to know if anything new will be of interest, without having to hear them all myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back