SONY IER-Z1R
Jan 20, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #6,391 of 15,280
Anyone know where I can order replacement parts? Specifically I am thinking about picking up another stock single ended cable. I got my z1r used and the 3.5 se cable definitely looked like it had a bit of wear on it, and one side of the mmcx connectors isnt quite as tight as I would like. The plug itself also has some wear too.

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #6,392 of 15,280
I have
labkable Titan au, $2200
hansound audio Aegis 4 wire, $300
hansound audio Agni II 4&8 wire, $300 $600
hansound audio Kimera, $600
(and have aud for 30+ of major aftermarket cables trying to see if i need to upgrade ier-z1r stock cable)

And IMO, Ier-z1r stock still sounds the best, can't find a better upgrade option~

IEM: se535, se846 , ier-z1r, xelento
player: wm1z 3.02 high gain, no EQ
source: flac, wav, dsd

Amazing!

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #6,394 of 15,280
Anyone know where I can order replacement parts? Specifically I am thinking about picking up another stock single ended cable. I got my z1r used and the 3.5 se cable definitely looked like it had a bit of wear on it, and one side of the mmcx connectors isnt quite as tight as I would like. The plug itself also has some wear too.
Just out of curiosity, could you please share some pics of the "wear"?

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #6,395 of 15,280
You can try here:
https://encompass.com/model/SONIERZ1R

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #6,396 of 15,280
Just out of curiosity, could you please share some pics of the "wear"?

It's honestly not worth sharing. It's nothing major just some normal wear and tear on a cable that was clearly well used but also well taken care of. The gold on the jack end is a bit worn, there's what looks like a very small groove in the jack and when I plug it in to my sources it's not quite as secure or tight as other newer cables I have for other iems. And as I said one side of the mmcx connector isn't as tight fitting as the other. Nothing really worth a photo and nothing that would show up much. Just kind of want a fresh cable is all and to keep this one as a backup.

Much appreciated! I'll check it out.

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #6,397 of 15,280
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #6,398 of 15,280
It will just make too much sense.

Sony thinking......”Why have them get parts when they can simply replace?” That’s the sense.

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #6,399 of 15,280
Sony thinking......”Why have them get parts when they can simply replace?” That’s the sense.
Lol I disagree....I don’t think it is Sony way of doing things, perhap Sony is the only brand that really care about longevity of their products. Why else would their battery last so long on the Walkman such as ZX2 ? While other ChiFi are having to replace it here and there. For example, Ibasso players, the only good thing about them is their superb customer services, and easier to replace battery. If it isn’t for their customer services, then I wouldn’t care about their products at all.

Sony is different, while their customer services are not as good and responsive, Sony products is always reliable and can be trusted, from my own experiences. I would also categorize the reason why Sony don’t sell part in their website is because they can have someone else to do so...Encompass is one of it. Remember, nothing is free, having both Sony team to sell parts and the regional part retailers will add a very pretty penny to your products. Would you rather pay $250 a stock IER Z1R cables ? Or $125 ?.....for example

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #6,400 of 15,280
Lol I disagree....I don’t think it is Sony way of doing things, perhap Sony is the only brand that really care about longevity of their products. Why else would their battery last so long on the Walkman such as ZX2 ? While other ChiFi are having to replace it here and there. For example, Ibasso players, the only good thing about them is their superb customer services, and easier to replace battery. If it isn’t for their customer services, then I wouldn’t care about their products at all.

Sony is different, while their customer services are not as good and responsive, Sony products is always reliable and can be trusted, from my own experiences. I would also categorize the reason why Sony don’t sell part in their website is because they can have someone else to do so...Encompass is one of it. Remember, nothing is free, having both Sony team to sell parts and the regional part retailers will add a very pretty penny to your products. Would you rather pay $250 a stock IER Z1R cables ? Or $125 ?.....for example

I knew when I made that post I talking out my lower backside.

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #6,404 of 15,280
I found a NW-HD1 mint in box at my local goodwill. Only thing missing was the cable and surprising enough it
still is charging, holding enough for a listen for an hour or so and sounds great.
UI is simple and non frustrating.
Just amazed no one cares with classic Sony electronics anymore.

Difficult not to be a fanboy of the greatest sounding gear I’ve had the pleasure of hearing over my many years doing this. God bless Sony!

Ah yes, the beauty of subjectivity. :)

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #6,405 of 15,280
Yesterday I got incredible pleasure from live, surround sound

Especially Chocolate Chip Trip

Tool-Fear-Inoculum-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back