Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Oct 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #467 of 2,773
Quote:
Sony.com has them in stock. Waiting on impressions.

Impressions already posted. Maybe I should put it into the Reviews.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625015/sony-has-new-headphones-mdr-1r/360#post_8783639

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #469 of 2,773
Quote:
Thanks for the clear and concise info, Very good read. How do you find their transient response aka "speed"? Compared to your memory of Z1000.

I must say I can't remember the transient response of the Z1000 though. Sorry, wish I could help you more there.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #471 of 2,773
Quote:
Well just your general evaluation then. Are they fast?

To -me- not as fast as say V-Moda M-100. I've been spending quite a bit of time with the M-100 too 'cos I received both of these headphones within a day of each other (end of Sept) and probably spent a little bit more time on the M-100 than the 1Rs so, relatively the 1Rs feels somewhat slower.

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #474 of 2,773
I no longer own the 7550 but will go from memory as best I can. I do have the XBA3 I can compare with though.

My 1R is waiting for me at home BTW :wink:

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #475 of 2,773
awesome!
Can't wait for your impressions!
Did you get the black/red or brown/silver?
Now the store I bought from is saying that they are out of stock!! What?!? I'm a bit mad... but oh well... I got them at a reasonable price so I guess I shouldn't complain... .... ... much.

Enjoy!

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #476 of 2,773
@Anakchan

You stated in your review of the Sony MDR-1R that Sony faces stiff competition in its price range as itself offers middling performance. What headphone/headphones would you consider as better value/better sounding than the 1R with a similar/flattish sound signature?

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #477 of 2,773
whoohoooooooooooooooooooooo

I had resigned myself to getting the black ones because I liked their look mostly and I really wanted my pair to come from Sony Canada. So when I got home and found out I had the SILVER ONES whoooohooooo :). And it came with both cables too SO I AM STOKED!!!!!

Will try to put up even a paragraph or two about what I am hearing tonight but no promises. But I can echo others in stating these are the most comfortable headphone I have worn.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #479 of 2,773
Anyone compare these to the Mad Dogs?

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #480 of 2,773
OK, I am going to just come out and say it, "I LOVE THIS HEADPHONE". It contains everything I was wanting.
  1. Comfortable over ear design that is portable in design.
  2. Good for my iphone and my desktop amp
  3. One stylin take no prisoners kick ***** looking headphone.
  4. Bass that has good impact and goes low.
  5. Mids that are fully detailed and vibrant with excellent transparency
  6. Treble that is detailed and clear. Bright but not brittle.
  7. Excellent sound positioning
  8. Nice large sound stage for a closed headphone.

AND THEY ARE NOT BROKEN IN YET!!! 
beyersmile.png

OK now that I have got that out of my system I will let these cook over night and I will listen for a day at work.

Oh and I will echo AnakChan these are awesome for accoustical and older music for sure. I haven't tried any of my "newer" music yet so will comment on that type of genre later.

@jgray91, in regards to the 7550. These have harder hitting deeper more controlled bass, similar but better mids, and sharper more detailed treble that rides the fine line between being to much and playing it to safe. Bigger sound stage, better positioning, and better instrument separation. I liked the 7550 out of the box and I like these even more straight out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back