Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
May 20, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #169 of 471
  What do you mean by obsolete armature? 2359(?) still producing.

Evolution
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #170 of 471

Evolution
biggrin.gif

Haha, I should have known
biggrin.gif

But my opinion is different from others.
I am an old school boy. To my opinion old machines( generaly) work better than todays sophisticated technological machines.

For example, old coal fired powerplants( as I saw from my technical inspection) are working more smoothly than new ones. (built at 50s and 60s especilly good). I can see the valuable work at those machines. Every detail built attentively.  The most clear thing is cabling at control room, cables behind the indicators at older one appointed orderly like computer motherboard, at newer one cables jammed to behind of indicator.

Another good example is SR-71(plane).

As I said, those are my opinions, newer one can be better or vice versa.

May 21, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #171 of 471
  Haha, I should have known
biggrin.gif

But my opinion is different from others.
I am an old school boy. To my opinion old machines( generaly) work better than todays sophisticated technological machines.

For example, old coal fired powerplants( as I saw from my technical inspection) are working more smoothly than new ones. (built at 50s and 60s especilly good). I can see the valuable work at those machines. Every detail built attentively.  The most clear thing is cabling at control room, cables behind the indicators at older one appointed orderly like computer motherboard, at newer one cables jammed to behind of indicator.

Another good example is SR-71(plane).

As I said, those are my opinions, newer one can be better or vice versa.

Sometimes i think the same BUT, our providers have optimized the transducers motor design since 1980...
New ones are just better and cheaper.

Just one example :

May 21, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #172 of 471

Sometimes i think the same BUT, our providers have optimized the transducers motor design since 1980...
New ones are just better and cheaper.

Just one example :

Looks good to me. And so i wonder why this thing is so pricy.

May 23, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #175 of 471
Because, like any hand-made product, you are paying primarily for the labour costs and, not to mention, for highly qualified engineers to do the work for you after having done considerable R&D work.

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #177 of 471
These things just arrived...

A little view of the inside...

Humongous Dynamic Driver...

So far listening to my custom-tuned MH1, it has been amazing.... huge soundstage and it sounds perfect to me... Probably because its my sound.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #178 of 471
hope you compare it with other CIEMs, and tell us if it was worth the price or not :p  but again its from Japan which tend to be over priced as usual.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #179 of 471
?? Whilst I'm not saying it's cheap, It's $2420...which is cheaper than the Layla's & its personalized tuned by you.

Yes the UEPRM is cheaper.

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #180 of 471
Well, Anak.. With all my respect, let's not get to the Layla.. The new prices of some manufacturers are just a bad joke to me..

That being said, I also find Just Ear expensive too but there is something telling me that they might deserve their price tag, if I was in Japan, I would love to get them to be honest but Layla? Nah; no way..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back