Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Currawong Contributor
    Sony today announced a new brand: Just ear, a manufacture of custom IEMs. I had a quick listen and chat with their lead engineer.

The pricing will be about $2000-3000 and will initially begin in Japan next year with some degree of custom tuning available. Three types of tuning were being demonstrated at the show: "Listening", "Monitor", and "Club Sound".

2014_Autumn_Fujiya_Avic_Festival_DSC00596.jpg

2014_Autumn_Fujiya_Avic_Festival_DSC00594.jpg

2014_Autumn_Fujiya_Avic_Festival_DSC00595.jpg

2014_Autumn_Fujiya_Avic_Festival_DSC00592.jpg

2014_Autumn_Fujiya_Avic_Festival_DSC00593.jpg

More information: 

2. songmic
    What is the estimated price point for their flagship CIEM's? Do you think they are meant to compete with TOTL offerings from the likes of JH, UE or Noble?

3. Ra97oR
    Looks like some hybrid design there with vented dynamic that looks pretty professional and not like anything else in the market. Really shows how big company doing stuff their own way.

How was the sound though?

4. Currawong Contributor
    They had three tunings there, but generally spacious and detailed from my brief listen. I'm going to assume anything less than stellar with the sound (eg: slight weirdness in the FR) was because it was a universal version of a custom. 

I'll ask about prices, but I don't think these are final release yet as they were asking for feedback and there isn't, as far as I know, a web site up yet. 

5. Mimouille
  6. Ony38

Ah ah ah :)

7. Soundsgoodtome
  8. Kunlun
    Wow, okay. I hope these will be available outside of Japan.

9. Deviltooth

That's an excellent point.  Did they state their future distribution intentions?

10. nevin
    hummm..... club sound..... interested.

11. Soundsgoodtome
    Wait, according to the video will Sony allow the buyer to tell Just Ear techs how they want it tuned specifically? Or just one of the three choices of club sound, monitor, and listening?

12. stormmilk
    Finally Sony has stepped into the market of CIEM. I guess Shure will be the next.
    I'm really excited about the design of the cable so that you can twist it, as well as the venting for the diaphragm.
    Will get one if the price is acceptable!

13. suman134
    looks interesting and awesome !! but will be out of my reach .

14. getclikinagas
    This is by far the most interesting bit(inferred from what he said at the end of the video). Custom-tunable-custom-fit-in-ear-monitors. Hope it's true.
    ---------

Is that yellow foam in the sound tube?

15. urtv
    Like with all Sony products, the states will probably be the last one to get it, if it ever comes over.

L0SLobos likes this.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last