Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
Apr 23, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #136 of 471
I haven't translated yet but it looks like there's an update about the Just Ears

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/lifestyle/spv/1504/23/news173.html

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #138 of 471
I have emailed them and asked if they are open to international orders.

So, Just Ears is doing it through Tokyo Hearing Care Centre in Aoyama (which incidentally the place I had my impressions done a few years back for my Unique Melody CIEMs). What shocked me were the pricing.

"XJE-MH1" is around ¥ 300,000, whilst ther"XJE-MH2" is expected to be around ¥ 200,000.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #139 of 471
So, Just Ears is doing it through Tokyo Hearing Care Centre in Aoyama (which incidentally the place I had my impressions done a few years back for my Unique Melody CIEMs). What shocked me were the pricing.

"XJE-MH1" is around ¥ 300,000, whilst ther"XJE-MH2" is expected to be around ¥ 200,000.
yea not cheap but for some reason I am very optimistic about it.

I think they are using their own BA and their venture into the XBA family provided the required experience they need to get it right.

I am hoping to get a better sense on how the fun, listening and bass vary in terms of tuning.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #141 of 471
At that outrageous price, it'd be worth getting a demo rather than jumping in, 'sight-unseen'

By coincidence, there was a little discussion about this, recently, in the  DIY IEM thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/430688/home-made-iems/3405#post_11410947

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #144 of 471
I'm glad that I'm not the only one finding the pricing slightly too aggressive.

The whole idea for a fully tailor made (tuned) headphones sound really interesting though. Would really like to know more about it.

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #145 of 471
It seems like they use the same drivers in 1 and 2 and the only difference is that for 2 you choose one preset sound type, and for 1 they customize the sound to your preference. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #146 of 471
Interesting process....this isn't for me but to help a friend.

For the MH1, it's booking in to get ear impressions and some tuning. Then 2-3 months later when it's ready, it's going back in to do a finally fit/tuning. Whereas for the MH2, it only the initial impressions and tuning needed. When it's ready (however long later), can be posted to the local Japanese resident.

May 2, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #147 of 471
Just came from Just Ear... Thanks to Sean for setting up the appointment :)

Will post about the process/impressions later as I have to get back to the hotel first...

May 2, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #148 of 471
Just came from Just Ear... Thanks to Sean for setting up the appointment
smily_headphones1.gif

Will post about the process/impressions later as I have to get back to the hotel first...

Are you in Japan? (thought you were in the Philippines? Am I correct in thinking that it's only available in Japan at the moment?

May 2, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #149 of 471
I'm honestly trying to understand what there is about these IEMs which is (in terms of performance) in any way innovative or unique or exciting.

I see nothing special at all, but being sold for an extraordinarily 'special' high price.

May 2, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #150 of 471
Are you in Japan? (thought you were in the Philippines? Am I correct in thinking that it's only available in Japan at the moment?

I'm currently in Japan :)

I'm honestly trying to understand what there is about these IEMs which is (in terms of performance) in any way innovative or unique or exciting.

I see nothing special at all, but being sold for an extraordinarily 'special' high price.

I think its the fact that you can custom-tune it (more on this later) that makes it interesting... Its similar to the PRM but you get more assistance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back