Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Sep 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #3,047 of 4,539
Sep 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3,048 of 4,539
Anything by Govi...

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #3,050 of 4,539
Keb' Mo' by Keb' Mo' sounds pretty amazing on my 650s.

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #3,051 of 4,539
Uber electronica tracks, my current playlist:

Day Off (Original Mix)-Sendos Fuera
Les Shonkettes (Aaron's Shonk Night Edit)-Shonky
Regenerate (Pan-Pot Remix)-Booka Shade
Community (Original Mix)-Montero

Enjoy :cool:

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #3,052 of 4,539
Jeff Healey Band - Blue Jean Blues

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #3,053 of 4,539
Rig: Sennheiser HD 598 on PC with Asus Xonar DG headphone amp. I listen to 99% of my music on Google Play Music. Great deal btw if you guys dont know. $8/month for basically unlimited music and up to 320Kbps depending on your internet connection. Make playlists, play entire albums, play band's "hits", have it make up radio stations based upon songs/bands, genre based stations, etc. Just a great deal. I ditched Pandora and now I'll never need to buy a song or album again.

Let me preface my list by saying that not all songs on the list are my cup of tea. However, i can appreciate a good sounding song even if it's a genre I do not like.

Nine Inch Nails - Ringfinger - Pretty Hate Machine (2010 Remastered).  So many amazing effects and so much variety in the song.
Alice In Chains - Unplugged. The whole album has amazing sound quality. Nirvana is my favorite band but their Unplugged is no match.
Pucifier - The Humbling River - "C" is for. Good audio quality, not amazing, but for some reason I love how it sounds. Female vocals at the end.
Anberline - The Unwinding Cable Car - Cities. Nice acoustic guitar and vocals. Great recording.
Blind Melon - No Rain - Blind Melon. Fun song and sounds great. Has some nice subtle sounds you miss in the car.
Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing - Experience Hendrix. Just like how his version sounds better than SRV
Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (Part One) - The Wall (Remastered). Trippy, almost to the point of nauseating.
Shinedown - Simple Man (Acoustic) - Leave a Whisper (Deluxe). Amazing song and again just like Shinedown's version a bit better (clearer)
Ellie Goulding - Lights - An Introduction to Ellie Goulding EP. Her voice is angelic and nice effects in the song.
Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites. Dont care for his music but it sounds good on my cans.
Evanescense - all of her music is woooooow
Madonna and MJ both have amazing recording quality on almost all their music.

Take a listen and let me know what you guys think!

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #3,054 of 4,539
All of Lee Ritenour's work.

It's smooth, jazzy, and funky music, and reminds me of tunes that are played when you are placed on hold. Through headphones it sounds amazing, but it becomes extremely irritating after 10 minutes through a phone speaker while you wait for a customer service rep.

I highly recommend Rhythm Sessions, and Six String Theory. The bass is phenomenal.   

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #3,055 of 4,539
  Rig: Sennheiser HD 598 on PC with Asus Xonar DG headphone amp. I listen to 99% of my music on Google Play Music. Great deal btw if you guys dont know. $8/month for basically unlimited music and up to 320Kbps depending on your internet connection. Make playlists, play entire albums, play band's "hits", have it make up radio stations based upon songs/bands, genre based stations, etc. Just a great deal. I ditched Pandora and now I'll never need to buy a song or album again.

Let me preface my list by saying that not all songs on the list are my cup of tea. However, i can appreciate a good sounding song even if it's a genre I do not like.

Nine Inch Nails - Ringfinger - Pretty Hate Machine (2010 Remastered).  So many amazing effects and so much variety in the song.
Alice In Chains - Unplugged. The whole album has amazing sound quality. Nirvana is my favorite band but their Unplugged is no match.
Pucifier - The Humbling River - "C" is for. Good audio quality, not amazing, but for some reason I love how it sounds. Female vocals at the end.
Anberline - The Unwinding Cable Car - Cities. Nice acoustic guitar and vocals. Great recording.
Blind Melon - No Rain - Blind Melon. Fun song and sounds great. Has some nice subtle sounds you miss in the car.
Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing - Experience Hendrix. Just like how his version sounds better than SRV
Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (Part One) - The Wall (Remastered). Trippy, almost to the point of nauseating.
Shinedown - Simple Man (Acoustic) - Leave a Whisper (Deluxe). Amazing song and again just like Shinedown's version a bit better (clearer)
Ellie Goulding - Lights - An Introduction to Ellie Goulding EP. Her voice is angelic and nice effects in the song.
Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites. Dont care for his music but it sounds good on my cans.
Evanescense - all of her music is woooooow
Madonna and MJ both have amazing recording quality on almost all their music.

Take a listen and let me know what you guys think!

Dude, you're really missing out on the fidelity by playing 320 Kbps music. Lossless is the way to go, more detail, more instrument separation. I still buy CD's so I can rip 'm myself to FLAC to ensure I get the best quality.

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #3,057 of 4,539
Haven't read all 204 pages of this thread so don't know if anyone mentioned it yet.  If you like jazz/blue/folk type music try Steve Strauss on Stockfisch records.  His stuff is all good but "Mr. Bones" is especially cool.  Actually, everything Stockfisch does sounds as good as anything I've heard in my 50 years as an audiophile.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #3,058 of 4,539
I found Strauss but only on Amazon. He doesn't come up on MOG or any of my other channels. Looks I might enjoy his music but I'm not shelling out big money before hearing a sample at least. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #3,059 of 4,539
Haven't read all 204 pages of this thread so don't know if anyone mentioned it yet.  If you like jazz/blue/folk type music try Steve Strauss on Stockfisch records.  His stuff is all good but "Mr. Bones" is especially cool.  Actually, everything Stockfisch does sounds as good as anything I've heard in my 50 years as an audiophile.
Edited Dupe

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #3,060 of 4,539
If you click "search this thread" and type Steve Strauss it may come up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back