Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Aug 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #3,016 of 4,538
Quote:
It's nice but if you want to truly be moved by the violin. Then try Lindsey Stirling. Crystallize.

Thanks i got moved by the song...it really moved me...yeah...

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #3,017 of 4,538
Did I really say that? I guess that I must have. Well, I changed my mind. If you really want to experience epiphany with the violin, then listen to Air: The Bach Album by Ann Akiko Myers. Special violin played by a virtuoso. 

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #3,018 of 4,538
I'm a jazz guy who has an appreciation of early fusion and think one of the great fusion jazz albums of all time is Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters.  It's a good workout for any headphones.  If you're listening digitally, make sure the recording is lossless. 

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #3,019 of 4,538
Quote:
All the Artwork of the IM albums was done by artists or fans, my favourite artwork of their album '' I,M the supervisor ''

It was made by artist David Ho http://www.davidho.com/

I do Prefer the 3 first albums by IM Im just far from into dubstep and the latest albums are merging into dubstep...  and dubstep is really one of the exceptions beeing one of the very few musicstyles that I do not like.

I only discovered I.M. a few months ago. I started with Army of Mushrooms, and have pretty much worked backward through their discography. Although I'm not a Dubstep fan, I prefer their newer stuff. It is so diverse and well produced. I think their music was made to be listened to with headphones, as the sound-staging, layering and imaging is just amazing. Awesome workout tunes too. They seem like cool dudes too with their YouTube channel breaking down the making of their tracks.

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #3,020 of 4,538
Mushishi OST (also one of the best animes I know)

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #3,021 of 4,538
Quote:
Mushishi OST (also one of the best animes I know)

Ohhhhh... saw it a while back.... for me this is one of the best tracks from the ost...

Quote:
Did I really say that? I guess that I must have. Well, I changed my mind. If you really want to experience epiphany with the violin, then listen to Air: The Bach Album by Ann Akiko Myers. Special violin played by a virtuoso. 

biggrin.gif
..keep 'em comin..... for me violin by itself doesn't do it, but when you add piano... that's another story

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3,022 of 4,538
Quote:

I only discovered I.M. a few months ago. I started with Army of Mushrooms, and have pretty much worked backward through their discography. Although I'm not a Dubstep fan, I prefer their newer stuff. It is so diverse and well produced. I think their music was made to be listened to with headphones, as the sound-staging, layering and imaging is just amazing. Awesome workout tunes too. They seem like cool dudes too with their YouTube channel breaking down the making of their tracks.

Cool dudes no doubt, but with Infected Mushroom's latest albums they've been changing the style allot in my oppinion allot of the magic is gone.

Magic as in following tracks:

Dancing with Kadafi

Elation Station

Avratz

Dream Theather

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #3,023 of 4,538
Quote:

Cool dudes no doubt, but with Infected Mushroom's latest albums they've been changing the style allot in my oppinion allot of the magic is gone.

Dancing with Kadafi

Elation Station

Avratz

Dream Theather

i like all these!!!!

btw, that last one, dream theatre, off the album its on, my favorite would be "the messenger"

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3,024 of 4,538
"In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins
"Lareralus" by Tool
"The Raven that Refused to Sing" by Steven Wilson
Leonard Bernstein conducting Dvorak's 9th symphony
"Street Fighting Years" by Simple Minds (whole album)
"Music from the Motion Picture The Passion of the Christ" by Peter Gabriel
"Gaucho" and/or "Aja" by Steely Dan

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #3,026 of 4,538
I'm a jazz guy who has an appreciation of early fusion and think one of the great fusion jazz albums of all time is Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters.  It's a good workout for any headphones.  If you're listening digitally, make sure the recording is lossless. 

Watermelon Man or Vein Melter for a first try? Only two songs available.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #3,027 of 4,538
REO SPEEDWAGON - Being Kind Can Hurt Someone Some times

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #3,028 of 4,538
The Dream Theater comments vex me. These albums have a horrible track record when it comes to dynamics/compression. I like Train of Thought a lot, but the terrible production quality actually makes me want to throw my CD out the window, not "make my headphones woooow" or whatever.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #3,029 of 4,538
Quote:
The Dream Theater comments vex me. These albums have a horrible track record when it comes to dynamics/compression. I like Train of Thought a lot, but the terrible production quality actually makes me want to throw my CD out the window, not "make my headphones woooow" or whatever.

The new Dream Theater vinyl reissues are nice 'n' dynamic and sound really good, so there's nothing wrong with the production apart from the amount of compression used during the CD mastering.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #3,030 of 4,538
Quote:

i like all these!!!!

btw, that last one, dream theatre, off the album its on, my favorite would be "the messenger"

The Messenger is epic. It didn't jump out at me straight away, but its one of those tracks that grew on me over time. Its become a favorite for kicking back with eyes closed and volume up a notch.

Quote:

Dancing with Kadafi

Elation Station

Avratz

Dream Theather

I'm definitely digging those tracks, especially Dancing with Kadafi. I don't have Dream Theater, which album is it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back