Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Nov 22, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #2,431 of 4,536

I'm pretty sure this will be the first song i listen to when i get he-400's

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #2,435 of 4,536
Excited to look through a ton of these suggestions. An album I recently listened to and blew me away was Diana Krall "Live in Paris". I hadn't even heard of here previously, but the album is one of the highest quality live recordings I've heard! Vocals are painfully detailed, soundstage is lovely. Really, check it out!

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #2,436 of 4,536
Quote:
Excited to look through a ton of these suggestions. An album I recently listened to and blew me away was Diana Krall "Live in Paris". I hadn't even heard of here previously, but the album is one of the highest quality live recordings I've heard! Vocals are painfully detailed, soundstage is lovely. Really, check it out!

Brilliant sounding album but, as much as I enjoy Diana Krall, I find the "Live in Paris" album a bit boring!

Also have a listen to the "The Girl in The Other Room" album (also available reasonably on SACD), including a fair few songs written by her husband, Elvis Costello.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #2,441 of 4,536
KDrew - Circles (Electronic. Shows off bass and separation.)

Pretty Lights - So Bright (Shows off bass impact.)

Two Steps From Hell - Hear of Courage (Choir) (Cinematic Music. Shows off mids, bass, and highs.)

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2,443 of 4,536
For some reason my DT880s seem to go buck wild for 80's music. Anything from Miami Vice era sounds awesome. A few of the best:

Africa - Toto
I (Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight - Cutting Crew
Crockett's Theme - Jan Hammer 
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
I Ran (So Far Away) - A FLock of Seagulls
99 Luftballons -Nena
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
Atomic- Blondie
And the Beat Goes On - The Whispers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back