Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Oct 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,342 of 4,538

Absolutely amazing. Get it in FLAC if you can.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2,344 of 4,538
Anything by passion pit out of a decent source. There's so much detail in his recordings. If you want something more quiet, unforgettable by nat king cole studio version is an outstanding recording and with a good set up his voice sounds godly(the good old days of audio engineering). There's also toshiko akiyoshi-kyoto complex, if you haven't listened to her before and you have a good set-up you really really must give her a listen I find all her recordings released on album were well recorded.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #2,348 of 4,538
I would say that most music that is mainstreamed recorded is not a very good test of your headphones.  The methods used during mastering are designed to make you take notice but not really make you go ooh aww. Some musicians still employ the older techniques but those are hard to find the mainstream.  I would go into further detail but honestly I would not do it justice.  I do love live albums.  Fleet Foxes, Peter Adams, Grizzly Bear, Air, Air France, The Antlers, The Black Keys and early Modest Mouse.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #2,349 of 4,538
Quote:
I would say that most music that is mainstreamed recorded is not a very good test of your headphones.  The methods used during mastering are designed to make you take notice but not really make you go ooh aww. Some musicians still employ the older techniques but those are hard to find the mainstream.  I would go into further detail but honestly I would not do it justice.  I do love live albums.  Fleet Foxes, Peter Adams, Grizzly Bear, Air, Air France, The Antlers, The Black Keys and early Modest Mouse.

If you like it, it's great to test your headphones on. After all most people use headphones to listen to music that they like.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #2,350 of 4,538
Quote:
Quote:

If you like it, it's great to test your headphones on. After all most people use headphones to listen to music that they like.

I have a set list of songs I use to test new headphones.

Bass Test (quality and extension): Double Monk
Midrange grain test: Battery Size D
Midrange bloom Test: Golden Orb
Treble extension test: Afterglow
Soundstage and imaging test: Please Mister Sensei
Detail test: Baba Yetu, Capsula
PRaT test: Hallucid
Attack test: Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee
Decay test: Faze

All of these songs have a part, instrument, section, etc that emphasizes the listed aspects of the sound so I can analyze them.

Once I've listened to all of the songs, I listen to one more: Technocracy. That song is so ridiculously dense that it makes it extremely difficult to render properly. If a headphone can't pull it off, it's not quite up to snuff with my standards.

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #2,351 of 4,538
Many people dont even know this masterpiece 

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2,353 of 4,538
For all of you dance and trance heads out there, check this free album release out by Technikal. It will blow your minds! :D

http://www.technikal.co.uk/soldier-of-sound-album-available-now-as-free-download/

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #2,355 of 4,538
Magnetic Man ft Ms Dynmite - Fire:

VNV Nation - Electronaut:

Cello:

Crowd Pleaser
beerchug.gif
:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back