Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Mar 29, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #4,501 of 4,538
Thanks man, I'll give them a listen after this album.

Not sure if you use Last.FM or not, but here's what I'm into.

https://www.last.fm/user/Squa7ch
Talk about eclectic. Thats a pretty big extreme from one 1 genre to the other. Very cool. I mean, we like what we like and to hell with anyone who says different.
Well, now I'm not sure in the least if you'll like what I posted. Also, WTH was I thinking, assuming I know what kind of music you like. LOL. What a tool I was with that comment. Anyway..........
Cheers

Mar 29, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #4,503 of 4,538
Talk about eclectic. Thats a pretty big extreme from one 1 genre to the other. Very cool. I mean, we like what we like and to hell with anyone who says different.
Well, now I'm not sure in the least if you'll like what I posted. Also, WTH was I thinking, assuming I know what kind of music you like. LOL. What a tool I was with that comment. Anyway..........
Cheers
Yeah my taste has been all over the place lately, but no worries. We both liked similar bands and went from there. I've been mostly obsessed with prog for a long while now, but the last year or so it's been more rap/hip-hop/pop. It's nice because I've been feeling like I did when I first discovered Dream Theater for the first time (mind = blown). Finding new (to me), good music, has me excited again.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #4,504 of 4,538

Sandstorm JS16 remix.

Yes this is played too often at the ballpark etc., but the crescendo 30 seconds in is a whooooo.

On speakers the crescendo is a full canopy overhead. Good way to test phase in that presentation. I use a flac file as source, not YouTube

Maybe this has been posted before but time flies.

Apr 29, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #4,509 of 4,538
For practically any headphone, I really love Aphex Twin's SAW 85-92.

For LCD-X, I find any type of busy electronic music works really well. I will say that poorly-produced music is pronounced on these, especially if EQing to oratory1990's eq settings. Skee Mask's 'Compro' sounds especially muddy if the bass shelf is high up like 2 or 3 db. It's almost unlistenable lol.

The HD650 handles everything pretty nicely, in my opinion. It's probably my preferred sound signature, so I can listen to nearly anything on it. Maybe classical misses a bit of the timbre that the HD600 can attain, but that's about it. Jazz, electronic, hip hop, rock, metal, punk, etc., all sound phenomenal on it.

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #4,511 of 4,538

Binaural recordings + the already wide soundstage of the K702 = :L3000:

Aug 24, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #4,513 of 4,538

Aug 24, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #4,514 of 4,538

Users who are viewing this thread

Back