Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #466 of 1,603
The price for a new turii looks sweet now. Cannot resist...

Screenshot_20210622-135241.jpg

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #468 of 1,603
The price for a new turii looks sweet now. Cannot resist...

Screenshot_20210622-135241.jpg
Hello! Chat me up if you're interested in a pair of almost brand-new-looking Turii + balanced cable. Really need to move some gears right now haha.

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #469 of 1,603
Jun 22, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #470 of 1,603
Jun 22, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #471 of 1,603
I must have missed that. Any "negative" reviews you can point me to?

I currently have a full plate of IEM waiting for review but I can't say any one of them can match the refinement of RSV. I do prefer RS10 and Turii, but everything else would be shocking.

Prolly HBB would be the biggest. He made comments in a bunch of videos how bad it was and how it didn't even compare to the Lokahi IEM. *shrug*.. and then posted in this thread with a temp account that got banned.. talking how bad RSV was and warning (me) never to recommend it.

I'm over here a/b swapping against 64Audio, Lokahi, SA6, EST112, etc. The RSV still sounds more correct and better and larger.. though as we get into the 1500+ bux 64 Audio, they do sound pretty large but not quite as well refined.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #472 of 1,603
Precogvision downvoted him by one point SoftEars RSV from 7 -> 6 (lackluster microdynamics and just dead boring) sure you can say much about the RSV but call him "dead boring" :astonished:

I can’t believe someone could say this about the RSV (shakes head)

Jun 22, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #473 of 1,603
The RSV transcends TOTL type tuning and arrives in a reality simulator. It's not going to wow any major reviewers I think.

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #474 of 1,603
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #476 of 1,603
My favorite is the Cerberus so far. The RS10 is technically very impressive, but the Cerberus has excellent timbre and incredible consistency.

RSV has great value though. It sounds like the Lime Ears Pneuma, in a lesser degree.

I do think that the flagship models deserve much better cables in the meantime.

But oh boy, the timbre in the Cerberus. It's very impressive. It's unique IEM for me in that sense.
Will you be doing a more detailed review? Some pretty divisive takes on the Cerberus.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #477 of 1,603
I posted the Shuoer EJ07 vs Cerberus graph: Imo EJ has better bass the rest is likely a wash. I am a huge EJ07 fan for a good reason. When I want to enjoy music and not be concerned with anything other than music, it is far FAR above anything else. It's dynamics (volume scaling) are the best you can buy. By the time you turn it up to 100db, you are asking for more. It's literally like being at a concert. Visceral and amazing.

EJ07 is 1 year newer than Cerberus. Also, it is less than half the cost.

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #478 of 1,603
I posted the Shuoer EJ07 vs Cerberus graph: Imo EJ has better bass the rest is likely a wash. I am a huge EJ07 fan for a good reason. When I want to enjoy music and not be concerned with anything other than music, it is far FAR above anything else. It's dynamics (volume scaling) are the best you can buy. By the time you turn it up to 100db, you are asking for more. It's literally like being at a concert. Visceral and amazing.

EJ07 is 1 year newer than Cerberus. Also, it is less than half the cost.
What about the new EJ09?

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #480 of 1,603
Sometime being a reviewer, strong attention calling phrasing becomes their habit. (Either positive or negative, the more attention calling the more page views)
I used to run review blog and I’ve noticed myself falling into that hole.

But after all audio gadgets are all individual’s perception dependent, someone’s best could fall into someone’s worst.

I feel RSV is the one that has perfect tuning (well maybe a bit exaggerated bass) but which relies hugely on my personal hearing, I love. 3khz pinna gain peak curve that RSV tuned, and smoothly shaped treble. It is a sense of sophistication, I felt same type of sophistication from DUNU’s SA6 and qdc Anole VX.

Sophistication and Philosophy may sound boring to one with less/no interest, so it is understandable.

I personally am motivated in philosophy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back