Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Jun 18, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #451 of 1,603
Just received the rs10.
I´ll let you know my impressions after burn in.

1624034079701.png

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #452 of 1,603
The S8 is indeed technically superior. I have heard Moondrop Blessing 2, S8, KXXS and Softears RSV, RS10, Cerberus, Turii. The house sounds of these two brands are unmistakable. Moondrop has a “wet”, “liquid” sound, and the stage is more out of the head, great for portraying believable stage performances. But I always find them a little colored. The Softears has less of a house flavor, it is more coherent, more true to the real thing and less colored to my ears. Music sound more direct and has a more correct timbre and tonality, and also more meat to the bone. Personally I prefer the Softears. I like all their iems: RSV, RS10, Cerberus, Turii.
Great to hear someone with full list of reference addressing the quick wrap up👍The comment worth couple of thounsand dollors🤴

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #453 of 1,603
The S8 is indeed technically superior. I have heard Moondrop Blessing 2, S8, KXXS and Softears RSV, RS10, Cerberus, Turii. The house sounds of these two brands are unmistakable. Moondrop has a “wet”, “liquid” sound, and the stage is more out of the head, great for portraying believable stage performances. But I always find them a little colored. The Softears has less of a house flavor, it is more coherent, more true to the real thing and less colored to my ears. Music sound more direct and has a more correct timbre and tonality, and also more meat to the bone. Personally I prefer the Softears. I like all their iems: RSV, RS10, Cerberus, Turii.
Thanks for the description. From that description, I would prefer Moondrop's approach/tuning for the vast majority of listening. I appreciate when an IEM has character, kind of like a guitar. I would much rather have these:

iu

iu

Over this:

8_Full_Left_Front_NA-d80352f8191a42206473128b1608a79b.jpg

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #454 of 1,603
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #455 of 1,603
How can Cereberus be compared with sr10?

Thank's in advance
This is a slightly different style of sound, although also with a perfectly tuned frequency response. Cerberus has a smoother and more melodic sound style, with good resolution and a slightly darkened background. Very musical and comfortable sound.

Jun 19, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #456 of 1,603
Aiming for a soul-ful sound.

RS10+ M8

1624129286196.png

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #457 of 1,603
Jun 20, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #458 of 1,603
Awesome.... Someone will get a good deal on such a magnificent IEM, and not have to wait for it to be shipped over from China. I love my set, and can't imagine selling it! I listed it initially shortly after I got it (thought the fit was sketchy at first), but once I figured out the right tips and got a good seal, realized the astounding level of detail it offers. Good luck with the sale!

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #459 of 1,603
Man, there's a multitude of RSV's for sale currently... Not sure why none of them are moving. It's uch a quality IEM. If anyone wants a set and doesn't care to wait for shipping from China, this would be a good time for sure. Some good prices too.

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #460 of 1,603
Man, there's a multitude of RSV's for sale currently... Not sure why none of them are moving. It's uch a quality IEM. If anyone wants a set and doesn't care to wait for shipping from China, this would be a good time for sure. Some good prices too.
The general perception of IEM still counts number of drivers to assume the performance, at least by some degree, which RSV is a penta driver one, falls short 3 drivers compared to sister product S8. For someone matched with RSV, they know number of drivers is not the story there, as it is more of “reality simulator” than “extra micro detail and layering”.

Our eyes have so much resolving capabilities to see, but 8K or 16K products we see at high-end TV today may have already surpassed my eyes (I started to get old🤔) But when I visit my parent house they still use Panasonic Plasma-TV, which by resolution is far behind those 4K or 8K OELD TV I use, but that plasma-TV has very high-fidelity for motion illustrations.

I feel RSV resembles to that Plasma-TV, it has high fidelity to illustrate realistic sound reproduction, for customers with similar hearing curve.

The ones being sold are probably those didn’t hit the hearing curve, someone’s “nay” might be others ”yea”, vice versa.

I suggest to try on RSV before purchasing to have a perfect pre-dating arrangement✌️

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #462 of 1,603
RSV need a neutral Dap to shine, maybe depends on matching with their daps.
I like RSV with L&P W2 😊

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #463 of 1,603
Jun 22, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #464 of 1,603
I love my RSV too, but mine is one available.... and that is only because I prefer the Turii over it and can't afford to keep both!

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #465 of 1,603
My only guess is that some reviewers rated it poorly. Maybe that combined with 5BA boring..
I must have missed that. Any "negative" reviews you can point me to?

I currently have a full plate of IEM waiting for review but I can't say any one of them can match the refinement of RSV. I do prefer RS10 and Turii, but everything else would be shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back