Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
May 3, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #376 of 1,599
I ordered the Softears Turii ordered from Shenzen Audio (and the RSV not too long before). Thankfully it came to my work office, but it was through DHL a couple weeks ago. This must be a recent change. I definitely won't use them for any big purchases if they don't send it with DHL. I'll go with either Penon, or Hifigo. Thanks for the account of your recent experience with them.
Yes they shipped Blessing2 original and Softears RSV with DHL, and it only took 3 days. It’s very recent they become cheap.

May 4, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #377 of 1,599
@MOONDROP @Softears
@shenzhenaudio
@koudairanger
By the way, If anyone trying to order IEM from Shenzhen Audio, I’d find an alternative now. Consumer advise.

They shipped my Moondrop blessing2 Dusk order by infamous “4px” the world’s slowest/unreliable delivery carrier and said, “if you didn’t get it in a month, let us know”. That 4px usually throws packages without any updates to your doorsteps, so the package could stay there for days or get stolen without you even noticing, guess what’s gonna happen if that really gets stolen? My guess is “the record shows it got delivered, if you have any other questions let us know.”

They seemed don’t care much about you paid money to them, whether you get actual Item to your hand or not.

Shenzhen audio used to ship with DHL but it seems like they are going cheap. Most of Moondrop/SotfearsIEMs are handled by Shenzhen audio, but you can also find from HifiGo, and third-party alternatives with delivery guarantees, I’m not sure if they ship witH DHL, but nothing can be worse than an expensive IEM to be shipped by 4px.

Now I have to check my doorsteps for continuous endless days 1 month or more, twice a day, in a hope that the package securely placed near doorsteps, without any guarantee. That action & effort & time & energy, alone cost me more than the money I paid.
Sure I can open a dispute with my credit card company, but that’s another time/effort, and if the record shows delivered, I will face in unfavorable judgment even from credit card companies. 4px is that terrible.

Using 4px for $5 ear tips, or even $79 Aria? OK understandable, cost management, but something that costs over $300? You are now undercutting your brand goodwill value. Being Cheap for those is not a smart move.

I’m pretty sure any headfiers or any human would like to experience this, “placed RS10, for $2k USD, and then seeing shipping notice with 4px”, you can shoot any emails to them, the response will be” sorry, we can do nothing because it’s already shipped by 4px. Sorry(not really) (Copy & Paste template: If you have any other questions let us know.”)

From someone accustomed to SONY high-end quality, My advice is high-end does not mean the product itself, but also the whole experience from the website, payment settlement, post-sale services. Customer is not your babysitter, it's you providing service, not customer providing service to you, why the customer needs to frequently check the doorsteps, why the customer needs to open dispute to the credit card company, why the customer needs to exchanging useless email with you, that's all but time and energy, not money. The customer does not provide service to the dealer.

Great job Shenzhen Audio👍 I will never use this authorized dealer again. I don't care about those in-shop credits, getting expensive IEM with 4px is just unacceptable. I'd rather pay $30 extra from somewhere else.

Sorry *not really* You are done, *Copy and Paste* If you have any other questions, let me know.
Just got update for this. Unbelievable.

“you want a fast shipping way, please contact to us next purchase”

As if there is a second chance.
@shenzhenaudio
Can customers know wether their shipping is shipped via 4px prior to shipping notice?
Are all customers ESP geniuses?

After the shipment notice, the feedback based on my communication is

“sorry, we can’t do anything, because it’s already shipped”

what a death trap?

This is not very far from:
“Hey, we just visited your house. we just slaughtered your pet for the catering dish, sorry we didn’t know you meant you wanted to have that raw chicken to be treated. Next time tell us do not consume animals in your house as dish ingredients. We can’t do anything to your pet, it’s dead already. Adios👋

This has proven Shenzhen Audio is not responsible “after you paid money, it’s all your sole responsibility to take care the rest, we don’t care because money is already on our hand✌️

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #378 of 1,599
IMG_20210418_103526_445.jpg

The RS10 is wonderfully coherent and excellently tuned. What a refined IEM this is.

May 5, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #379 of 1,599

@shenzhenaudio
Can customers know wether their shipping is shipped via 4px prior to shipping notice?

what a death trap?

“Hey, we just visited your house. we just slaughtered your pet for the catering dish, sorry we didn’t know you meant you wanted to have that raw chicken to be treated. Next time tell us do not consume animals in your house as dish ingredients. We can’t do anything to your pet, it’s dead already. Adios👋

This has proven Shenzhen Audio is not responsible “after you paid money, it’s all your sole responsibility to take care the rest, we don’t care because money is already on our hand✌️

yeah, seeing a 4px notification for shipping is always unfortunate, unacceptable for anything over $100 IMO

hope everything arrives with no surprises, interested in impressions

May 5, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #380 of 1,599
yeah, seeing a 4px notification for shipping is always unfortunate, unacceptable for anything over $100 IMO

hope everything arrives with no surprises, interested in impressions
I’m fine as far as they notice customer prior to ship and let customer choose wether they want to pay for secured and safe shipping or let gansta to carry it. They let gangsta to carry expensive items without customers consent, that’s the issue.

Will record all moondrop series IEM so you can try listen the difference👍

I started to record IEMs sound, as a foot note reference, you can find blessing2 recording there(sorry it was my first attempt so there are some microphonics)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...s-sharing-reference-list.805930/post-16333517

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #381 of 1,599

@shenzhenaudio

what a death trap?

Hello friend, Thanks for tagging us. We are very sorry for the trouble caused to you. Yes, for an IEM worth $300, this carrier is a bit slow, but be rest, we're reliable, if your order has any issues, you can freely let us know, we're sure to solve and make you satisfied. We are also trying to develop new carrier channels. Thank you very much for your support.

Last edited:
ShenzhenAudio https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio Stay updated on ShenzhenAudio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/shenzhenaudio/ https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio https://shenzhenaudio.com/
May 6, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #382 of 1,599
Hello friend, Thanks for tagging us. We are very sorry for the trouble caused to you. Yes, for an IEM worth $300, this carrier is a bit slow, but be rest, we're reliable, if your order has any issues, you can freely let us know, we're sure to solve and make you satisfied. We are also trying to develop new carrier channels. Thank you very much for your support.
@shenzhenaudio At least you will need to “clearly” list the shipping policy on website. And have customer understand how their shipment is going to be handled, expected delivery term per carriers of those options, then let customer decide, Not you.

Until then, I’m done buying items form your shop, it’s 2021, we need transparency.

Problem? I contacted your customer service with only responses “sorry we can’t do anything, let us know if you got any other questions”. You mentioned you will try solve the issue and get me satisfied, which you failed. Bye.

I was considering buying S8, but now I lost brand image of Moondrop too. I’m going for campfire andromeda. This is what’s gonna happen when you inappropriately treating customers.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #383 of 1,599
@shenzhenaudio By the way, I will tell you what real customer service is. @WendyLi Taking a business case of KBEar’s authorized dealer Keephifi. I ordered $129 IEM TRI Starsea from them, the dealer was updating some shipping system, and thus sent me inaccurate tracking number, I let them know I can’t track, and for the place I live, it’s not super safe as you imagine, if a package is left by doorsteps for half a day, it will get stolen just like nothing happened . Guess what keephifi did? They shipped another Tri Starsea at no charge with expedited shipping! Now that’s what mean they really care customer, not like “oh hey nah we can’t do anything, you just cry. Bye” like Shenzhen audio did. They sacrifice some cost even with cheap $129. They paid 129 + expedite shipping to keep customer’s trust. Guess when that happened? It happened 1 week after I placed order of Dusk, and I have Starsea on my hand, that’s what real customer care means. That Dusk after weeks, is still somewhere between Shenzhen and USA.

In a long run, that sacrifice will seed revolving large scale buyer/seller trust relationships, two cents from someone with MBA background. You need to be aware being cheap on shipping and customer care, as a service provider is not very smart choice to take in formulating brand values, unless your strategic goal is “short-term growth” and not seeking to keep your shop up for long, go ahead and do whatever to cut the costs for everything.

By paying sacrifice when something happened to customer’s dissatisfaction, from customer side, if nothing happens and everything went smooth, that’s 100%, and even if something happened and they are fairly compensated with value greater than 100% of what they paid, from voluntary basis from seller, they will be forgivable. From seller side, it will be a good internal control pressure to keep assure the quality management, CSR, as if to prevent something goes wrong beforehand, if that happen it will cost some trust rebuilding expenses, you can set target budget for this bracket and quantity it with numbers, not simply relying on useless KBI / KPI on those chatbox and online stores cases open/solved. Only people like me with extremely negative impression will rate with 1 star, that does not mean the silent majority are satisfied, they usually just leave you alone, without any comments and notes, none.

Don’t just take your authorized dealership as “selling, some marketing, and distributing tangible goods from contacted brands” You are dealing more than tangible goods, a part of intangible services that supposes the host brand is what ultimately your business is participating in the value chain. You are still new business thus being ignorant on customer care is understandable, I worked for Sony, Toyota, both pay extreme resources to keep growing their brands, (forget about PS5, that I admit Sony failez), so please take this seriously, not just “ah some random guy on internet whining around”. 👋 Bye now

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #384 of 1,599
I hope that softears could make the RS10 with recessed 2pin socket. The socket on my right rs10 cracked due to the 2pin plugs on my @PLUSSOUND cable are designed to accommodate recessed sockets. Without a fully flat plug the socket bears a lot of stress from the cable.

20210504_002023.jpg

Right now the local dealer is helping me to ask softears whether this is repairable.

May 14, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #385 of 1,599
1620971336454-01.jpeg

@Softears RSV & Cat Ear Tuxedo Cryogenic Silver-plated OCC Cable 💝

May 14, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #386 of 1,599
I’m fine as far as they notice customer prior to ship and let customer choose wether they want to pay for secured and safe shipping or let gansta to carry it. They let gangsta to carry expensive items without customers consent, that’s the issue.
Dude, Ive placed an order yesterday. When finishing I've noticed only one option of shipping available - free international. It was clear that this is going to be snail mail.
What I did was I've contacted ship and asked to use DHL, problem solved.

If you expect "free international postage" to be premium courier you are either naive or you are chancer.
And seriously - giving out to shop that they have replied that they can't do anything with the package once it's with carrier?

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #387 of 1,599
Dude, Ive placed an order yesterday. When finishing I've noticed only one option of shipping available - free international. It was clear that this is going to be snail mail.
What I did was I've contacted ship and asked to use DHL, problem solved.

If you expect "free international postage" to be premium courier you are either naive or you are chancer.
And seriously - giving out to shop that they have replied that they can't do anything with the package once it's with carrier?
Great you’ve noticed before they ship! Their tactics is “let me know if you got problem, not guaranteeing that particular problem is a subject to solve. ”

I recommend uing Linsoul, they “clearly” stating order with $200 and above will have free DHL express on their website’s shipping policy. Where Shenzhen audio is not disclosing any, when asked they reply “we ship items in accordance to each item” which basically tells nothing. If they both have same item, Linsoul is preferred.
84342A1E-5727-4DAC-BB71-9058F7AD978E.jpeg
0BC69D3B-908B-44F4-9860-ED25D2A51781.jpeg

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #389 of 1,599
what is all the fuss here?
Does someone have a comparison between the RSV and Inear SD5 or Moondrop ble2 Dusk? Thank you.

May 16, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #390 of 1,599
I was considering buying S8, but now I lost brand image of Moondrop too. I’m going for campfire andromeda. This is what’s gonna happen when you inappropriately treating customers.

I'd recommend apos.audio for MoonDrop and some ChiFi stuff, They are really awesome. If theres any Issue with the IEM itself, they'll take care of it without you shipping it back to China.

Apos Promises
  • Free Priority Shipping (3-7 Business Days) Along with the Option for Express Shipping for $8!
  • Price Match Guarantee
  • Apos 2-Year Warranty
  • 45-Day Return

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back