1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

So, the Objective2 headphone amp - designed entirely around the measurements? (PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING)

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. deadlylover
    Quote:

Somewhat critical in a direct coupled amp, but not so much in the O2 with it's caps left right and center. [​IMG]

Ahahah I don't have any fancy measurement gear, but I'll be sure to do what I can when it's done. [​IMG]

2. Focal1
    I think it sounds like a pretty tempting design, and for a similar price as a CMOY design, or some of the Fiio amps that have been pretty well reviewed I'll probably plan to make one once the boards are available.

3. caracara08
    i also will get one of these built since i have no experience with DIY.  i was looking for an amp that i can just turn on and go with.  warming up tubes and how hot it gets in my room is not something i want all the time... just almost all the time.

4. Anonanimal
    I will definitely be building one of these.

5. dfkt
    Funny that this thread is in "sound science". It's where unwanted things go to die here usually, no? I thought a regular amp with inputs, outputs, and volume control would go in a less shunned section of the forums.

Either way, I'm looking forward to building my own.

6. sidel

Quote:

The designer is apparently not very welcomed here.  /not saying more
    --

It got moved!

7. Currawong Contributor
  8. madtone11
    No conspiracy theories there. Pure (objective!) facts. [​IMG]

9. Willakan
    The DIY forum is where I should have probably posted this initially. Let's not go over the top.
    Anyways, PCB and front-panel files should be released this week (Weds). Anyone planning on getting their own board made?

10. FallenAngel Contributor
    Interesting design... are there really 2 channels of an opamp running in parallel for each of the 3 channels in the design, including ground?! That's a first. :p

Cool regulated power supply design.

11. nikongod

Quote:

There is no ground channel. 

Jan meier did the paralleled opamp thing a long time ago with his 50W all opamp amp. the CHA-47 is also kind of similar. 
    http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/projects/showfile.php?file=meier3_prj.htm

I dont really see how this amp measures significantly better than a pimetaV2, so why do we need new? if the point of a measurements first amplifier is measurements first... shouldn't they come first?

12. c61746961
    They came first.

13. Satellite_6
    Can you build those for 30 bucks tho?

14. nikongod

Quote:

Excluding the cost of the enclosure and not populating the ground channel? probably. 

15. Satellite_6
    I should really get into DIY then!

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last