So, the Objective2 headphone amp - designed entirely around the measurements? (PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING)
Aug 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #31 of 1,042
Quote:
Whilst a point to point circuit hugely simplifies things in some ways, there are still various concerns to deal with (parasitic capacitance ect) but it is a relatively simple design and you seem to know exactly what you're doing.
You have to measure it after you're done though
wink_face.gif

Somewhat critical in a direct coupled amp, but not so much in the O2 with it's caps left right and center.
tongue.gif

Ahahah I don't have any fancy measurement gear, but I'll be sure to do what I can when it's done.
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #32 of 1,042
I think it sounds like a pretty tempting design, and for a similar price as a CMOY design, or some of the Fiio amps that have been pretty well reviewed I'll probably plan to make one once the boards are available.

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #33 of 1,042
i also will get one of these built since i have no experience with DIY.  i was looking for an amp that i can just turn on and go with.  warming up tubes and how hot it gets in my room is not something i want all the time... just almost all the time.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #35 of 1,042
Funny that this thread is in "sound science". It's where unwanted things go to die here usually, no? I thought a regular amp with inputs, outputs, and volume control would go in a less shunned section of the forums.

Either way, I'm looking forward to building my own.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #36 of 1,042

Quote:
Funny that this thread is in "sound science". It's where unwanted things go to die here usually, no? I thought a regular amp with inputs, outputs, and volume control would go in a less shunned section of the forums.

The designer is apparently not very welcomed here.  /not saying more
--

It got moved!

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #37 of 1,042
Aug 9, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #39 of 1,042
The DIY forum is where I should have probably posted this initially. Let's not go over the top.
Anyways, PCB and front-panel files should be released this week (Weds). Anyone planning on getting their own board made?

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #41 of 1,042

Quote:
Interesting design... are there really 2 channels of an opamp running in parallel for each of the 3 channels in the design, including ground?! That's a first. :p

There is no ground channel. 

Jan meier did the paralleled opamp thing a long time ago with his 50W all opamp amp. the CHA-47 is also kind of similar. 
http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/projects/showfile.php?file=meier3_prj.htm

I dont really see how this amp measures significantly better than a pimetaV2, so why do we need new? if the point of a measurements first amplifier is measurements first... shouldn't they come first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back