So I found headphone nirvana now if I can just do the same from an IEM perspective.
Dec 17, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 27
dweaver, I would not suggest the Sunrise Xcape (if that's the one you are referring to) if you want a sound similar to the D7000. It is very much like the RE-Zero but with a bit more extension in the bass as the biggest difference. As for customs they are quite easy to take out and in and are easier than most universals if not all universals that I have tried.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #17 of 27
hmmmm, darn you guys!!! LOL I may have to try a pair of customs yet!
ksc75smile.gif
  as for which one, I think I will wait and see how people are liking the 1964 company and still ponder getting my SM3 made into customs. I do wonder if the right filter was used if they could have the treble improved over the current configuration. Otherwise I may just go a lower end JH or something.

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #19 of 27

Quote:
hmmmm, darn you guys!!! LOL I may have to try a pair of customs yet!
ksc75smile.gif
  as for which one, I think I will wait and see how people are liking the 1964 company and still ponder getting my SM3 made into customs. I do wonder if the right filter was used if they could have the treble improved over the current configuration. Otherwise I may just go a lower end JH or something.

You have been here long enough to know how these things go. Whatever the budget you stated is multiplied by 2 and that's your real budget for your purchase :) Although I will agree with joe that you should buy carefully. If you find out it is not for you then if you sell it you have a resale loss of 50% or more of MSRP.

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #20 of 27
You know, I had a pair of AT ESW10's. They have the detail of the d7000, less prominent but present and detailed bass, and even better mids. Comfort isn't quite as good, but few are as comfortable as the denons. They are georgeous and over priced and I miss them! Just a thought...

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #21 of 27
if you're going for customs, you should consider the UM Miracles.  not as bassy as JH13 or 16, but all indications are that it's phenomenal.  glorious highs and mids, tight, controlled, accurate bass.  if i were to get a custom, it would be this one.  though at this time, not many people have heard it, so...

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #22 of 27
Hey dweaver, nice to see that you are enjoying your taste of the DDM's. I always suspected that you would like them.

Maybe if you find them 85% of the D7000's, you should wait around for the second version of the DDM's, which should be available as far as I know in January. There have apparently been improvements in treble.

That's what I keep telling myself to do as well. I just hope the X-Jays don't come out before then and make everyone go nutso.

Dec 17, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #23 of 27
dweaver I haven't tried D1100, I didn't even know these existed until you mentioned them. Looks like a cool headphone, if I knew these existed I would have bought them instead of D1001. But I'm very happy with D1001 so I will not be buying any headphones for a while. After all the headphones are to enjoy the music and not to be obssesed with getting something better. Many on this forum seem to fall into this trap.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #24 of 27
You may want to read this

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/519597/denon-d5000-vs-d2000-vs-d1100-vs-bose-on-ear-a-humble-review-enclosed
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/521920/a100-vs-d1100-showdown-a-nother-humble-critique

There is a saying "Better is the worst enemy of good", I'm so happy with AH-D1001 that I'm not looking anymore. Its like a Lexus, next model can only be slightly better than previous one, because its already close to perfect. It seems like when it comes to japanese and germans,  germans loose big time be it cars or headpones ... The question is whether to buy Audio Technica or Denon pretty much like Lexus or Acura.

Here at Head-Fi jokerl placed AT at number 2 and 3, I was browsing the russian site similar to Head-Fi and over there I noticed that the highest rated portable is AT ESW10. 

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #25 of 27
Thanks for the links ilia7777, the read on the D1100 and the A100 was interesting and informative. I get to hear a pair of A100 on the 28th so will get to see if I like it's sound or not, if I do I suspect I will try the D1100 after I clear out some gear and generate some cash for the purchase.

@rawrster, your a bad bad man... a truthfull one but bad none the less
wink.gif
. I do suspect I will end up getting a custom at some point. If I had not just bought the D7000 I might have been tempted by the JH13 Pro in the FS forum for example but it will be a bit down the road. But I also have to say I am liking over the ear headphones alot right now so may stay with them if I can find a portable pair with the right signature for me and then use the SM3 for on the train and detailed listening.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #26 of 27
I'd like to cement the reputation of Denon AD-H1001. When listening to them I never think: "What is missing?". The music speaks for itself. I also think it benefits from not having ultra high resolution. I'll never part with this particular headphone.

Cheers! 

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #27 of 27
Can anyone tell me how the D7000 compares with the HJE900?

The HJE900 has blown me away in how natural instruments are reproduced. It feels live, as the timbre is pretty spot on for me (especially when it comes to drums). I also have the D1000 (same as D1001) and love its sound, but I would love to someday upgrade to the D7K, if the sound is that much better and as organic-sounding as the HJE900. If anyone has heard both and has any insight, please feel free to share. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back