Smyth Research Realiser A16
Jan 29, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #4,397 of 15,987
The Super X-Fi works with any device that can put out up to 7.1 PCM channels via USB. It cannot decode anything.

For a home theater headphone surround setup that doesnt do PCM multi channel out via USB (so basically any TV, receiver, Blu Ray, etc.) the only games in town I am aware of are boxes that can decode Dolby. Like Creative's X7 or the G6. Creatives as yet unreleased Super X-Fi TV device may, possibly, have some decoding abilities but it remains to be seen what exactly.

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #4,398 of 15,987
wow!

293 pages for a product which is not even released.

most of the content is just guessing and theories

so let me add another conspiracy theory:

The simple truth is:
this not about a new product here,
it's just an experiment, to find out,
what happend to people and how they react and behave,
if something very promising is promised to them:

How long people are able to wait in general?
How long can the time between news updates be stretched, without people starting to kill the messenger?
What happen, if people waiting without any new content?
Will they generate new content or new stories?
Can the "wait-ers" be distinguished by personality?
Can they fill 293 pages...

Well, it looks like the experiment is running quite successfully :wink:

</sarcasm>

p.s. Where to hell is my kickstarted A16? :frowning2:
How right you are about the guesswork and theories. This is how religions start.

Jan 30, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #4,399 of 15,987
You need to use one of the supported devices... , e.g. Android phone (>7.0), tablet, or as mentioned the Nvidia shield (I didn't try yet if it works with my android based Sony TVs...), PC, Mac, PS4, Nintendo Switch. Bluray players are not supported so far.
Unfortunately the device below (from CES 2019) isn't yet available.
Let's hope that the Realiser A16 arrives before !

ttcreative10-ol-1_0.jpg
What is that, and where can we learn more about it?

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #4,400 of 15,987
The Super X-Fi works with any device that can put out up to 7.1 PCM channels via USB. It cannot decode anything.

For a home theater headphone surround setup that doesnt do PCM multi channel out via USB (so basically any TV, receiver, Blu Ray, etc.) the only games in town I am aware of are boxes that can decode Dolby. Like Creative's X7 or the G6. Creatives as yet unreleased Super X-Fi TV device may, possibly, have some decoding abilities but it remains to be seen what exactly.

So right now I have an Astro Mixamp and the Turtle Beach units that can take an optical in from the TV. I have a tube amp already. Would the G6 sound better than the Mixamp and/or TB units?

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #4,401 of 15,987
So right now I have an Astro Mixamp and the Turtle Beach units that can take an optical in from the TV. I have a tube amp already. Would the G6 sound better than the Mixamp and/or TB units?

I have an X7 and Astro Mixamp. The issue I had with the Astro Mixamp was noise. I liked the VSS, but double amping the crappy signal got old. I use my headphones a lot with surround.

Love the X7, which just has more features. Simple to connect an amp if you want, SS amp that's built in is good.

I just don't know if it's worth the expense at this point. The G6 is cheaper and similar in function. I'll have uses for my X7 after the A16 comes.

Guess it depends on any issues you have with the Mixamp. I used it for years, but was basically stuck back then with limited options. X7 I jumped on a few years back.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #4,403 of 15,987
I've received my Super X-Fi Amp (2x) a few days ago.
In my opinion it's quite impressive (although not as much as I expect the A16 will be and not as much as advertised...) for 7.1 movies and gaming. It's also working with the Nvidia Shield TV, .....

I have a Nvidia shield TV as well and I was unable to get my SXFI amp working with it. would you share your setting please?

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #4,406 of 15,987
Settings_1.jpg Settings_2.jpg
It's working fine, although only 5.1 ......
Compared to a Realiser A8/A16 the possibilities of the Super X-Fi are very (at least until now) very limited...... Their goal was mainly to distribute/open the 3D audio technology to the mass market (as Oculus is trying it in VR with the Quest, etc.). Hopefully there comes more from them too......

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #4,407 of 15,987
Is there anyone who already tried the Super X-Fi USB Amp?

Sounds like a poor man's Realiser without the room/speaker virtualiation. :astonished: For the price, I'm intrigued.

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #4,410 of 15,987
February and no update, personally I am disappointed and like many of you I had lots of patience. All I want is to know : when do we get it. Even if it is Christmas 2019, but we need to know for sure!
If it were at Dolby for certification, that certainly would be a piece of news worthy of updating everyone on, now wouldn't it? Have to assume, therefore, they haven't even done that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back