Smyth Research Realiser A16
Oct 4, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #3,798 of 15,986
The A16 is still in development. The A8 is not in production anymore.

And facebook is not a "homepage". At least as I understand it. (who needs the www anymore if we have facebook, everything in ONE hand. very convenient... but for whom...?)

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #3,799 of 15,986
The A16 is still in development. The A8 is not in production anymore.

And facebook is not a "homepage". At least as I understand it. (who needs the www anymore if we have facebook, everything in ONE hand. very convenient... but for whom...?)

No facebook for me, thank you!

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #3,800 of 15,986
If we get either some new info to read or a better understanding of the pricing of the BRIRs that will some thing to talk about other that the release date.
I agree with you, but you will not be able to read anything before you make an account and making an account will not be possible before the site is finished. Yesterday they announced 'Soon', but that is what they said several times already. And here is what bothers me more than delay and lack of informations - repeating false informations.
Which home page?
https://www.facebook.com/SmythResearch/
So, it is indeed a Facebook page. I called it 'Home' because when I made it's bookmark, my browser gave it the title 'Smyth Research - Home I Facebook'.
To me this seems like good news. One of the "deliverables" I insisted the Smyths would have to provide is a website with high quality BRIRs to fulfill their promises with regard to this launch. Now if they start publishing a listing of studios and high end audio stores where Realizer owners can actually obtain PRIRs for affordable prices, a service to adjust their PRIRs to improve (if need be) their accuracy and listenability, and a service to "personalize" their webstore BRIRs, I will have to credit them with going fully down the road to insure A16 purchasers are truly getting their money's worth on the product.
Good start Smyths!
I will also credit them when they really do it. I would even be satisfied with the simplified version of such a web functionality. I mean, why all this has to be on-line? What if I have to wait 1 or 2 days for my personalized BRIR to come back to me? And such a simple 'menu' web page would certainly be much much easier to develop than such a complicated web application.
Speaking of simplified versions, recently launched term 'Final specs sheet' makes me think that we are not waiting for user interface to be simplified, but for the simplification of the device as a whole. I can easily imagine Heavenly Sound saying 'Pack what you already have, the rest you will add in the second round'.

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #3,805 of 15,986
I was being sarcastic... I hate facebook because it is the opposite of what the www is (was...).
I got the nuance the first time. :wink:
I call it facialbook. :wink:
If our Ministry of Thought permits I would join your critique of Facebook. Here are some very instructive nuances by Brian Appleyard:
... As with any cult, even reluctant individuals are forced to conform. In the same Psychology Today article, B Cade Massey, a professor of organisational behaviour at Yale, says: “It has gotten to the point where people feel pressure to think and talk in an optimistic way.” Massey’s research shows that, when assessing the risks of investments or surgical procedures, people make predictions they know are overly optimistic just because they want to belong, even in life- or wealth-threatening crises, to the clan of idiot grinning optimists who seem to be in charge.

You can feel this pressure wherever you go, notably on the internet, the multiplicity of which is anchored by a single, ferociously imposed neo-optimistic orthodoxy. The “Like” button on Facebook is one weapon of the neos. As a University of Leicester study found, it “directs debate on the social media platform in the direction of the blandly positive”. Social media, with their chattering pursuit of “likes”, followers, comments and shares, are overwhelmingly biased in the direction of an airheaded, cringe-inducing positivity. ...

Oct 5, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #3,806 of 15,986
If our Ministry of Thought permits I would join your critique of Facebook. Here are some very instructive nuances by Brian Appleyard:

And here I was thinking FACEBOOK was just pimping our private data to make money by selling it to advertisers to get us to buy stuff we wouldn't otherwise consider, would be employers to surreptitiously influence hiring decisions, and foreign governments looking to subvert our elections.

Oct 6, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #3,807 of 15,986

Right on Mlkri! I’m glad someone other than me is standing up to the bobble-heads. Incidentally, I still haven’t received my refund although I’m hoping that will come soon.

Even if I get my refund, I have to admit that this thread has become fascinating. Although it is dominated by group-think (much like the American Left), I am encouraged by people of character who challenge stupidity and refuse to go along with the herd.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #3,810 of 15,986

Users who are viewing this thread

Back