Smyth Research Realiser A16
Sep 27, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #3,752 of 15,986
If the Smyths start uploading new demo videos and invite journalists to try the A16, i want to think that it means that the end is close !!

Okay, but is there any indication that they might start doing either of these things some time soon, or are you just secretly wishing they would?

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #3,753 of 15,986
As i said "i want to think that"
I don't have any specific information. Simply, for two years they didn't release anything like this, and now they are inviting british press to demo the A16 (one of the guys has some BBC credentials around his neck), so it may mean that it's reaching the end. Doesn't mean that it's gonna be shipped next week. I hope they will send an update in the forthcoming days, it's been 6 weeks already since the latest one.

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #3,754 of 15,986
As i said "i want to think that"
I don't have any specific information. Simply, for two years they didn't release anything like this, and now they are inviting british press to demo the A16 (one of the guys has some BBC credentials around his neck), so it may mean that it's reaching the end. Doesn't mean that it's gonna be shipped next week. I hope they will send an update in the forthcoming days, it's been 6 weeks already since the latest one.
The wait is nearly over, i have a feeling, hopefully.

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #3,755 of 15,986
The wait is nearly over

How does the price quoted in the vid compare to what you've outlaid? (different currencies, countries etc don't always line up - you'll be same for same)

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #3,756 of 15,986
They're not (only) journarlists in the video, but also professionals like the one dubbing mixer (that says he could mix Dr. Who in his bedroom with the Realiser...). I think they try to get the BBC as a customer.
Hopefully the don't forget their non-professional customers... (us)

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #3,759 of 15,986
Apple making it harder to wait for the A16... They just released firmware updates to the Apple TV 4K and added Atmos Audio.... Turned it on and Wow.... can't wait to hear full Atmos from the A16 from the Apple TV 4K...

Sep 27, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #3,762 of 15,986
I'm not sure when this was filmed.Searching for Innovation Lounge Lolfa Arloesi I find entries from 2016. Other videos of the channel are showing a poster for an event in spring 2018 and mention the Tour de France win of Geraint Thomas. So both are from 2018, but I can't confirm this for the realiser.
I found the answer to that question : it was shot on Friday, September 21st. So only a week ago...
A16.png

Sep 28, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #3,765 of 15,986
I'm not sure when this was filmed.Searching for Innovation Lounge Lolfa Arloesi I find entries from 2016. Other videos of the channel are showing a poster for an event in spring 2018 and mention the Tour de France win of Geraint Thomas. So both are from 2018, but I can't confirm this for the realiser.
I can't find it on that link. Can you please give me some additional hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back