Smyth Research Realiser A16
Sep 20, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #3,646 of 16,011
I have also enjoyed the versatility of the Mobius, since mine arrived. First of all, mine is dead quiet, and I hear no hiss on it whatsoever, when nothing is playing on it, as others allegedly do sometimes. I have also been particularly impressed with its 3d/7.1 immersive audio functionality for movie watching, which is pretty much all I got it for. For that it provides a decent and impressive surround/immersive experience, without necessarily rising up to the standard I have been led to expect from the A-16... For example, while the mobius makes me aware of positional/directional cues outside and all around the head, including those coming from behind the listening position, and also does a great job with the head-tracking functionality, I am never for once tricked into thinking I am listening to live speakers, in the way A-16 allegedly does to people. Also, precisely because the Mobius is best suited for watching movies or gaming on computers, and serves these purposes rather well, it is ending up having the paradoxical effect of proving to me that I'd rather watch my movies on a regular home theater big screen..., which is not the fault of the mobius, but that of the smallness of the screen on the laptop (I hate watching movies on a computer positioned on my lap, is what I am ultimately saying)... One more good reason to look forward to the superior functionality of the A-16, as we are imagining it to be.

Make no mistake... I am still very happy with the Mobius, and find it to be well priced for what it can do, especially for those who are willing to take advantage of all its versatility. I do not regret anything here... The Mobius is most definitely a winner, and a keeper.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #3,648 of 16,011
So on the positive side, if the French dealer was correct by the end of this month they would have received the Dolby certification, so not that long now :)
Correction : if the french dealer is correct, by the end of the month the A16 will be gone for certification... It will still take a few weeks to get it (4 to 6 weeks if i'm not mistaken).

Sep 22, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #3,649 of 16,011
Correction : if the french dealer is correct, by the end of the month the A16 will be gone for certification... It will still take a few weeks to get it (4 to 6 weeks if i'm not mistaken).
The French dealer said “Et le passage en certification Dolby est attendu pour la fin du mois”. Does that mean it’s going to be certified or that it will be sent out for certification by the end of the month?

Sep 22, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #3,650 of 16,011
Oh well, we are all used with the waiting time, so few more weeks won't hurt if we can all get it by Christmas ( this year ) :)

Sep 22, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #3,651 of 16,011
The French dealer said “Et le passage en certification Dolby est attendu pour la fin du mois”. Does that mean it’s going to be certified or that it will be sent out for certification by the end of the month?
For me, since they were still tuning the software when the French dealer visited Smyth Research, "le passage en certification Dolby est attendu pour la fin du mois" means that the process of certification is expected to start by the end of the month. In their May udpate, Smyth Research specified "a further 4-6 weeks for Dolby to complete Atmos certification", so if it's really sent within the next few days, the certification process may not be over before the beginning of november. It may leave them time to assemble most of the A16 for the first wave of shipping.
We can expect an update within a week or two, hopefully with the announce that the certification process started (at least, that's a strong wish i have :blush:)

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #3,653 of 16,011
Smyth Unrealized has zero credibility with all of his lies. At some point in the near future, I will pursue criminal prosecution for the fraud he has committed. The rest of you can keep on praying.
I was wondering where you've been :)
Wait a bit longer, don't loose hope. Hopefully before Christmas you will get it.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #3,654 of 16,011
Smyth Unrealized has zero credibility with all of his lies. At some point in the near future, I will pursue criminal prosecution for the fraud he has committed. The rest of you can keep on praying.
Good lord Ted, what is your problem? I mean honestly, man. Assuming you even placed an order for the A16 (which I highly doubt), simply ask for your money back and please leave this forum and never come back. You add absolutely nothing of value to the conversations here.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #3,655 of 16,011
Good lord Ted, what is your problem? I mean honestly, man. Assuming you even placed an order for the A16 (which I highly doubt), simply ask for your money back and please leave this forum and never come back. You add absolutely nothing of value to the conversations here.
It is easy to say - ask for your money back. But when will they find a new $4000+ victim to provide that money? Maybe in 'a couple of weeks'?

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #3,656 of 16,011
It is easy to say - ask for your money back. But when will they find a new $4000+ victim to provide that money? Maybe in 'a couple of weeks'?
It's also easy to do... Actually getting it back may be another story. Yet, they claimed that they can do it because they have people waiting in line... So if Ted Timmis doesn't want to wait anymore because according to his words he is sure that A16 will never be real, then why doesn't he ask for his money back instead of complaining all the time ? At worst he will get a negative answer and then he will have even more reasons to complain on this topic... it's a win-win situation for him :yum:
Smyth Research says that there are other people who'd love to get it (at which price ?). Maybe they are bluffing, maybe not. But what is for sure is that it doesn't cost anything to ask for your money back if you are tired of waiting or if you don't believe it will ever get released.
In that second case, i'm wondering even why he didn't already ask for refund since opportunity was given.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #3,658 of 16,011
By the way, looks like Creative will launch the Super X-Fi tomorrow (monday) by 12:30pm (French time - GMT +1) ==> "The Magic is about to begin"

Will be very curious to see what ends up being offered as the first retail products, price point, etc. I have a Creative G6 gaming headphone amp/DAC and it does a pretty good job of surround in headphones. The Super X-Fi, like the G6 could end up being something I buy to hold me over until that A16 ships.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #3,659 of 16,011
By the way, looks like Creative will launch the Super X-Fi tomorrow (monday) by 12:30pm (French time - GMT +1) ==> "The Magic is about to begin"
Looking forward to read what is all about, but i have learned to be patient and the only product that i really care about is my headphone stand A16 and there, is nothing like it.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #3,660 of 16,011
In that second case, i'm wondering even why he didn't already ask for refund since opportunity was given.
And that's why him "pursu[ing] criminal prosecution for the fraud" will be futile - there's just plain no fraud if Ted doesn't even attempt to take up the existing offer of a refund. That is, assuming of course that Ted has ever paid anything at all, which I'm not really inclined to believe anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back