Smyth Research Realiser A16
Sep 23, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #3,661 of 16,067
OK guys, as I’ve said 100 times, Smyth sold a product that didn’t exist. I’m not talking about those who invested with kick-starter but rather those who purchased pre-orders. Smyth deliberately misrepresented his product as something which existed and which had an expectation of eminent delivery. By definition, that’s fraud.

Nearly two years later, the product still doesn’t exist and Smith has
displayed utter contempt and disregard for all of us.

What’s puzzling is why you all don’t seem to get it. We’re heading into 2019 and still no delivery date and our only updates seem to come from some mysterious French dealer.

Then you say, why not contact Smyth and ask for a refund? The fact is, I have and he never responded. So yes, this is criminal fraud and yes he should be prosecuted.

OK guys, as I’ve said 100 times, Smyth sold a product that didn’t exist. I’m not talking about those who invested with kick-starter but rather those who purchased pre-orders.

Smyth deliberately misrepresented his product as something which existed and which had an expectation of eminent delivery. He took money from me and a lot of others knowing that there was no product he could possibly deliver. Certainly not in 2017 or 2018 and probably never. By definition, that’s fraud.

Nearly two years later, the product still doesn’t exist and Smyth has
displayed utter contempt and disregard for all of us. As for me, I’ve never even gotten a confirmation of my order.

What’s puzzling is why you all don’t seem to get it. We’re heading into 2019 and still no delivery date and our only updates seem to come from some mysterious French dealer.

Then you say, why not contact Smyth and ask for a refund? The fact is, I have and he never responded. So yes, this is criminal fraud and yes he should be prosecuted.

Good lord Ted, what is your problem? I mean honestly, man. Assuming you even placed an order for the A16 (which I highly doubt), simply ask for your money back and please leave this forum and never come back. You add absolutely nothing of value to the conversations here.

As someone else pointed out, you’ve got your head in the sand; I think it’s in another dark place. Smyth Realizer? It’s a unicorn that doesn’t exist.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #3,662 of 16,067
OK guys, as I’ve said 100 times, Smyth sold a product that didn’t exist. I’m not talking about those who invested with kick-starter but rather those who purchased pre-orders. Smyth deliberately misrepresented his product as something which existed and which had an expectation of eminent delivery. By definition, that’s fraud.

Very interesting, never heard this before. Is there anyone here who has asked for a refund and gotten it from the Smyths, or is there anyone whose experience mirror Ted Timmis?

And why is some French dealer the Smyths Director of Communications on this stuff? I think Ted is right that it makes some of the people on this thread seem lame and desperate--more like supplicants than customers.

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #3,664 of 16,067
Thank you Phoenix but I just got back from church and want to apologize to everyone. The Smyth Realiser is real!

As a measure of my sincerity, I am offering to sell my pre-order for $2,000. I’m totally serious. This is more than 50% less than the list price. I can draft an agreement and provide my Paypal receipt. Any takers?

I should refine that statement to say that I think it’s real (I wouldn’t want to be accused of fraud).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 23, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #3,666 of 16,067
It's also easy to do... Actually getting it back may be another story. Yet, they claimed that they can do it because they have people waiting in line... So if Ted Timmis doesn't want to wait anymore because according to his words he is sure that A16 will never be real, then why doesn't he ask for his money back instead of complaining all the time ? At worst he will get a negative answer and then he will have even more reasons to complain on this topic... it's a win-win situation for him :yum:
Smyth Research says that there are other people who'd love to get it (at which price ?). Maybe they are bluffing, maybe not. But what is for sure is that it doesn't cost anything to ask for your money back if you are tired of waiting or if you don't believe it will ever get released.
In that second case, i'm wondering even why he didn't already ask for refund since opportunity was given.
I'm guessing he hasn't even ordered the A16, which makes his comments and empty threats even more annoying.

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #3,667 of 16,067
As someone else pointed out, you’ve got your head in the sand; I think it’s in another dark place. Smyth Realizer? It’s a unicorn that doesn’t exist.
The best thing about getting the A16 will be using it and enjoying the hell out of it. The second best thing about getting the A16 will be not having to listen to you whine anymore.

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #3,668 of 16,067
Thank you Phoenix but I just got back from church and want to apologize to everyone. The Smyth Realiser is real!

As a measure of my sincerity, I am offering to sell my pre-order for $2,000. I’m totally serious. This is more than 50% less than the list price. I can draft an agreement and provide my Paypal receipt. Any takers?
I am smiling, you are a good man :)

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #3,669 of 16,067

I am pretty sure I read some people who were refunded in this thread, and I pretty sure smyth would do without monster clients so I would contact them again for this refund.

This mysterious french dealer you’re referring to is a long time distributor for smyth and extremely proactive / dynamic to get information for his customers. I’d actually be fine if he became official PR for smyth worldwide :)

Cheers,
Arnaud

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #3,671 of 16,067
I have not backed this, but it is painfully obvious, that most problems could easily be solved, if only there were regular updates, instead of silence.

If that last update we got is any indication, they only have 3 people fully employed. So it's not like a massive company that has all the time & resources to deal with PR.

Then again, Rob Watts of Chord & Ted Smith of PS Audio Interact with their customer base on a daily bases, while still working full time on their products.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #3,672 of 16,067
Don't think the Super X-Fi is going to be a Realiser killer. 8 channels max, USB-C input only, no decoding of anything (multichannel PCM only). Seems pretty limited.

https://www.sxfi.com/amp/

Works with PS4 and Nintendo but not Xbox. Worthless to me.
But it does have an audiophile Dac so I guess we can finally replace the Chord Dave! ;P

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #3,674 of 16,067
Don't think the Super X-Fi is going to be a Realiser killer. 8 channels max, USB-C input only, no decoding of anything (multichannel PCM only). Seems pretty limited.

https://www.sxfi.com/amp/

Read their page, and they do a custom hrtf, and claim their amp will drive most studio phones (pretty sure it could drive my LCD X;s). Lots of people aren't going to need or want anything more sophisticated than Netflix movies and Tidal decoded which I'm pretty sure this thing could handle nicely esp since I can run everything through JRiver and have it output PCM audio to USB, so it would work for most things I (and I think a lot of other people) listen to, but I don't think it would have head tracking. Also, they mention the dongle/amp and phones are only the first product offerings--among other possible future product offerings they list software basd apps which would run on regular PCs. YEA!

Be interesting to see how it compares with OOYH as well.

In any case, the unit would certainly be ideal for either a phone or tablet when OTG. Think I might break out the credit card tomorrow morn.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #3,675 of 16,067
In any case, the unit would certainly be ideal for either a phone or tablet when OTG. Think I might break out the credit card tomorrow morn.

Uuhhmm, there might be an issue regarding breaking out the credit card at this point, unless you reside within Singapore or are having it shipped there... Everyone else can only reserve one, and there are no credit cards involved in that yet... I guess they'll make it available to ship everywhere else sooner rather than later... so some patience may be required :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back