Smyth Research Realiser A16
Mar 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #2,268 of 15,988
Fully agree. I am so frustrated, since Ossic X blew in my face and now Smyth take much longer than I would have ever thougth.

Same here ... :frowning2: ... I understand delays but this is taking its toll on me - especially since I had my HD 800 taken back to my home country in April 2017 due to expecting delivery by May. Because I work abroad, I've been without them since ...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #2,269 of 15,988
Well, it can't be harder on any of you/us than it is on the Smyths. If it's not shipping, they're not getting any income. (beyond the presales)

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #2,270 of 15,988
They should make there a nice announcement and according to him, he cannot tell yet what it is but it will be a big thing "that will make [us] even prouder of [our] forthcoming A16 !"

It doesn't give much news other than "they are still working hard on it", but it makes me wonder what will be announced on April, 7-8th !

Speculation mode on. If such “big thing” is fast HRTF modeling based on biometry that is accurate for the vast majority of people of different ethnicities, then Smyth will be swimming on huge royalties from gaming (and even audio) hardware manufacturers. I didn’t want to speculate on what such announcement is, but I just can’t stop wondering about it. I guess I am going to be a little disappointed if the announcement is something different than that.

Edit:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #2,273 of 15,988
Smyth Realiser A16
appointment_III_main.jpg

You can say that again, yeah!

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #2,276 of 15,988
We're still due an update for March, aren't we?

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #2,279 of 15,988
Smyth Realiser A16
appointment_III_main.jpg

You can say that again, yeah!
funny how I read it in my head the Bruce Buffer way.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's tiiiiiiiiime!!!!

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #2,280 of 15,988
Well, it can't be harder on any of you/us than it is on the Smyths. If it's not shipping, they're not getting any income. (beyond the presales)
This is what I’m talking about. Those poor Smyths! The fact is that Smyth Unrealized sold “preorders” with a delivery date of August; basically borrowing money from dupes such as me to fund his project. That said, at least I get a little fun poking at the religious zealots who would be perfectly happy waiting another 5 years and waxing on about PRIRs and Yarra and all that B.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back