Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviator vs. Sennheiser HD 448
Oct 11, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
how would you compare the hd25's and the aviators because I heard the aviators, and by god I liked a pair of skullcandy headphones. 

Hey dude, the Aviators have better imaging and slightly wider soundstage. Also the mids are more upfront and open/clear sounding (very grado-like sound). They sound their best with a really good source, or else the bass is a little loose although I don't think they enroach the mids at all. The build quality is not that great - seems a bit fragile in my hands (especially the cable) but at least Skullcandy has that lifetime warranty. As long as you treat the headphones with care it'll be fine. 

HD25's - more refined sound overall with the bass being tighter and a little more impactful. Also the HD25s are more V-shaped and built like a tank. 

What they share in common is that they're both on the bright, aggressive side which make them both suitable for rock (as well as other genres imo). The Aviators are definitely more on the fun side, although they are very detailed as well. I prefer them over the M50s for sure, being that they sound more balanced to my ears. And while the HD25 is technically better, I enjoy the presentation of the Aviators more. If they isolated as well as the HD25s.... that would be spectacular and dare I say, I'd probably consider selling the HD25 (but I don't see that happening any time soon). On a side note, I still don't understand the point of portable headphones with little to no isolation whatsoever. 

Anyway, hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #17 of 20
Check

Long&McQuade (Canada)
Steve's Music Store (Ottawa - Toronto - Montreal)
StudioEconomik (Montreal)

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
Hey dude, the Aviators have better imaging and slightly wider soundstage. Also the mids are more upfront and open/clear sounding (very grado-like sound). They sound their best with a really good source, or else the bass is a little loose although I don't think they enroach the mids at all. The build quality is not that great - seems a bit fragile in my hands (especially the cable) but at least Skullcandy has that lifetime warranty. As long as you treat the headphones with care it'll be fine. 

HD25's - more refined sound overall with the bass being tighter and a little more impactful. Also the HD25s are more V-shaped and built like a tank. 

What they share in common is that they're both on the bright, aggressive side which make them both suitable for rock (as well as other genres imo). The Aviators are definitely more on the fun side, although they are very detailed as well. I prefer them over the M50s for sure, being that they sound more balanced to my ears. And while the HD25 is technically better, I enjoy the presentation of the Aviators more. If they isolated as well as the HD25s.... that would be spectacular and dare I say, I'd probably consider selling the HD25 (but I don't see that happening any time soon). On a side note, I still don't understand the point of portable headphones with little to no isolation whatsoever. 

Anyway, hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

I did hear the aviators, I loved everything about them, except for like you the isolation, and also I honestly kinda hated the bass :/ It was very limited to very few genres. It completley flopped in some genres, and did great in others, especially rock. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #19 of 20
I have the Aviators, and the snobbery of audiophiles never ceases to amaze me. Like what several posters have replied with when asked about the Aviators: "Skullcandy is rubbish", or "anything is better than Skullcandy crap", when few of them have actually tried the Aviators. Anyways, I love my Aviators. They have a better sound than my father's more expensive (and noise-cancelling) Sony MDR-NC200D's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back