Singxer SU-1 Owners
Jun 12, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #376 of 869
Agreed, totally illogical!!! and that is why I am in this crazy hobby...:smile:

FWIW...My journey started with just stock SU-1 to run its I2S output to Holo Spring DAC input, after SU-1 KTE became available, while debating whether to try it, I decided to give the LPS-1 a try since I happened to have one, and the end result was very positive, so I finished up the rest of the mod by fabricating a blank plate in place of original AC input plate, and stayed with this configuration for a couple weeks. The next mod was to replace the main board 3.3VDC voltage regulator because all but one device on the main board receive 3.3VDC from this regulator, and the stock regulator has much higher noise and PSRR than the new regulator (based on the description from SU-1 KTE, is not included), where this regulator is limiting the result from the power supply mod, and along the way, I also replaced the 5 large electrolytic caps, the end result as expected is another step up in overall SQ. Finally, I put in the new Iso Regen + LPS-1, thinking there might not be much left to improve, and I could end up using that 30 day return policy, but the result prove me wrong once again, this unit will NOT be returned. So, yes, it is crazy.
I can tell you're not good for my wallet haha. It's been so long since I've soldered caps that knowing my luck I'd put them in backwards and blow the lid. :p

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #377 of 869
It seemed a bit overkill to consider IsoRegen+LPS1+SU-1KTE. That's just crazy right?
...and an immense waste of $$$. The "KTE" edition gives you an upgraded power supply. Using an LPS-1 requires that you completely BYPASS the Singxer's internal power supply.
Why upgrade to something you are going to remove/bypass?

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #378 of 869
...and an immense waste of $$$. The "KTE" edition gives you an upgraded power supply. Using an LPS-1 requires that you completely BYPASS the Singxer's internal power supply.
Why upgrade to something you are going to remove/bypass?
i was trying to determine what upgrades were done to the psu to determine how overkill is overkill.

probably a boatload of overkill.

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #380 of 869
Is anyone using a SOtm sMS-200 going into a Singxer SU-1?
Are these USB re-generator devices transparent to the source device i.e. does the source device only see the DAC?
The source device sees the su-1, not the dac. The su-1 is not s USB regenerator, it is a ddc. Something like the isoregen is a regenerator and is not seen by the source.

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #381 of 869
The source device sees the su-1, not the dac. The su-1 is not s USB regenerator, it is a ddc. Something like the isoregen is a regenerator and is not seen by the source.

I don't have mine available right now, but doesn't the ISO Regen show up as a hub? It is transparent to applications but the system should know about it.

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #383 of 869
Jun 26, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #384 of 869
Hello,
i received my singxer SU-1 about two weeks ago.and i did te firmware upgrade.
I connect it tot my Gustard X20 with I2S.
I like to play native dsd en installed te Holo drive , its support native dsd.
My software is JRiver MC22 and this is able tot play 8X dsd native (512)
native dsd 256 plays fine but 512 does not. The sound is with distortion and strange noise.
Can anybody help me with this of is it not possible to play 512?

Greetings, Ton (Netherlands)

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #385 of 869
Hello,
i received my singxer SU-1 about two weeks ago.and i did te firmware upgrade.
I connect it tot my Gustard X20 with I2S.
Can anybody help me with this of is it not possible to play 512?

Greetings, Ton (Netherlands)

Which version did you install? v2.20 or v 2.22? v2.22 is listed to work with gustard and v 2.20 with holo

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #386 of 869
Captblaze,
Thnx for reply
I installed V2.22 for gustard because i own the gustard dac.
The singxer driver does not play native only dop, for that reason i use the holo driver instead.
When i install V2.20 my gustard play 512? There is no problem with changing of the right and left channel?
Gr.Ton

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #388 of 869
hello and happy friday. my question is how do i update my firmware on my su-1. tim sent me a rar file with the needed firmware. but im almost computer iliterate. please any help and be patient with me also. thank you in advance. my set up is sonictransport>mrendu>su-1>holo audio spring dac. im running roon with tidal.

Jul 15, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #389 of 869
There might be a PDF of the instructions to update the firmware with the files you received.
I have attached a PDF to this post.

ADDED: Though I can not see it myself for some reason in this post.

Attachments

• Singxer USB Audio2.0 Driver Setup And DFU_V1.2.pdf
    764.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #390 of 869
There might be a PDF of the instructions to update the firmware with the files you received.
I have attached a PDF to this post.

ADDED: Though I can not see it myself for some reason in this post.

I can't see it either, so if you get a chance to retry, it'd be much appreciated! (Cheers......from another computer dummy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back