Shure & Westone Triple Flange problem. Also, question about Sony Hybrid size LL
Jul 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BRCMRGN

500+ Head-Fier
I have Shure SE215 & 535LTD and Westone 4 & UM3X and I use the large triple flange tips (with the smallest flange removed). For me they are the best sounding tips with those IEMs and they fit my right ear very well. My left ear canal is just a smidge larger and the tip will only stay sealed if I don't move or open my mouth. Has anybody ever seen a small bore, long stem,  triple flange tip in an extra-large size? 

On many larger bore IEMs, I use Sony Hybrids and size L work for me most of the time with failry deep insertion. The Sony EX600 and EX1000 came with size LL hybrids and I use those with very good results on the EX1000 and XBA-4. The problem with the LL hybrids is that I can't find size LL replacements except as Sony spare parts for $17 each, which seems a bet excessive. Anyone have any ideas about sourcing size LL hybrids or an clone equivalent?

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 7
Anybody? I'm getting desperate here!!

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 7
There are not clone equivalents as far as I know as they are long large and what you get as clones will normally just be large.

If your that desperate maybe it's worth the $17, that can't be for just one pair?

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 7
I had similar problem with W3, What I did was found a silicone tube whose inner diameter fits over the stem of iem and which outer diameter fits in Sony Hybrids or one of those triple or dual flange with larger bores.This way its cheaper and also the seal and fit is quiet good without affecting the sound quality like comply does for highs.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 7
I have the same issue.  And I also have 2 "mismatched" ears.  I really wish that Sony would include the LL size in their "variety" pack. 
mad.gif

I have found the Shure PA749L tips to be among the largest single flange that I have tried. I am now using these on my GR07 with great results. 

I would like to try the Sensorcom triple flanges, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to get them in the US without paying through the @ss for shipping.

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 7
http://www.head-fi.org/t/304963/fyi-various-iems-tips-pictorial-comparison-updated-sept-29th-2011

Try Monster's eartips.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #7 of 7
I tried using the Shure/Westone stem inside a Monster triple flange (with the smallest flange removed). While it's not perfect, the softer texture keeps it seated in my ear longer. Now I just need to find an inexpensive source for the Monster triple flanges.

Thanks for your responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back