Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Apr 15, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #1,351 of 2,282
Ok, after my initial listen and concern about the mids being more neutral than I like (I really do like the SRH-940) I have started to take a shine to the SRH-1840. I just like how Shure does treble and with the added bass these give they really do sound like a high end open headphone to me. Much better than any of the other open headphones I have owned. I will start my review in earnest tomorrow and continue into next week.

Just out of curiosity would any be interested in a Shure everything thread? I am thinking to start up a thread with my current review of the SRH-940 plus my review of the SRH-1840. Then add reviews of other Shure headphones if I am lucky enough to get my hands on some of them to review. Then I will add a post that discusses the differences in each model from a signature perspective so people will have an easy way to compare them sonically. This section may be part discussion and part graph to give people an easy way to see and compare the differences. The if any one else wants to add their experience with different models to the thread they can along with reviews.

I know this thread and a others accomplish something similar to what I am suggesting but I don't think we have one thread that simplifies this breakdown and organizes it in such a way that pople can gather this information simply by going to the first few initial posts.

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,352 of 2,282

Quote:
Ok, after my initial listen and concern about the mids being more neutral than I like (I really do like the SRH-940) I have started to take a shine to the SRH-1840. I just like how Shure does treble and with the added bass these give they really do sound like a high end open headphone to me. Much better than any of the other open headphones I have owned. I will start my review in earnest tomorrow and continue into next week.

Just out of curiosity would any be interested in a Shure everything thread? I am thinking to start up a thread with my current review of the SRH-940 plus my review of the SRH-1840. Then add reviews of other Shure headphones if I am lucky enough to get my hands on some of them to review. Then I will add a post that discusses the differences in each model from a signature perspective so people will have an easy way to compare them sonically. This section may be part discussion and part graph to give people an easy way to see and compare the differences. The if any one else wants to add their experience with different models to the thread they can along with reviews.

I know this thread and a others accomplish something similar to what I am suggesting but I don't think we have one thread that simplifies this breakdown and organizes it in such a way that pople can gather this information simply by going to the first few initial posts.

I actually don't think the 1840 have more bass than the 940 (if you get a proper seal). The former's just warmer.

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,357 of 2,282
knowing how totally backwards my opinions have been of late, i can just picture headfonia giving these a "meh" review. 
tongue.gif

but, i don't care.
i just got my second pair from amazon.
one for work.  one for home.

won't have to be without the SRH1840.

today, the T1, HD650, LCD-2, D7000 and K340 all went on the chopping block.

all because the SRH1840 is just plain better. 
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,358 of 2,282

Quote:
 SRH1840 and SRH1440 drivers

I'm considering canceling my order after looking at those pics. Looks like $50 headphone parts.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #1,360 of 2,282
Quote:
I'm considering canceling my order after looking at those pics. Looks like $50 headphone parts.

How exactly do you determine a driver's worth by looking at one small picture?

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #1,361 of 2,282
I was not excepting to see that much of a difference between the driver units. Much more than the Sennheiser drivers. It looks like that Shure spend quite of time designing the drivers in the way they see fit.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #1,362 of 2,282

Quote:
Seems the srh1440 is crippled on purpose, with limited overture.

Not really, just a different focus. The 1840 driver "looks" like it would have a bit of laid back upper midrange while the 1440 upper midrange would be more focused and a bit prominent.

Quote:
How exactly do you determine a driver's worth by looking at one small picture?

The plastic.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #1,365 of 2,282
Quote:
The plastic.

So you've figured out what kind of plastic it is as well its acoustic impact or do you just think that plastic is "cheap".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back