Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #11,251 of 22,954
Ok I have try some mod and my aim is to get close to LCD X. The black mod with hollow filling seems to be the closet I get.

The treble is up there with LCD X slightly ahead,
The Bass is stronger than LCD X - the famous subbass is there but LCDX bass is more natural.
The Mid on SE846 is pretty close to LCD X now.

Of course, the PRAT, decay, resonance, attack didn't change much. The LCD X remains the upper hand.

I am pretty much set for now until further notice.. Ciao guys and gals.

May 18, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #11,252 of 22,954

Hey, that was my idea
angry_face.gif
wink.gif
  It's now eight days ago since I tried it, and I have fell in love with this variant. As mentioned, I had to turn the bass up in the EQ as a consequence; it goes to show how much midrange and treble sound waves are absorbed by the filters.

And I like that mod .. thanks alot. Very happy with this mod.

May 18, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #11,253 of 22,954
  Alright, you guys can make fun of me now, that mod was very easy. I am liking the sound so far. It doesn't sound like a massive difference, but to me it kind of sounds like a wider soundstage. It's like it's slightly brighter, but not as bright as the whites, which I think is just about the perfect balance. As I write this I am getting some fantastic bass extension from one song that I had never heard before. These sound pretty awesome!

Is the same mod as you're talking about JaZZ? 

This was from over a week ago. :p

I like the modded blue but sometimes wish for just a smudge more treble. The whites are too bright and harsh to my ears but not extremely. To me the fullness is gone and I missed that along with the lush mids. Would the hollowed out black tube bump the sparkle and mids but still leave the bass a little sterile? I'm fine with an EQ boost if it'll mean slightly more detail. 

May 18, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #11,255 of 22,954
I just got my sensaphonics sleeves, and they were worth every penny! It only took me a few minutes to figure out how to put them in quickly, and there's quite a profound difference in sound quality in my opinion, one that I wasn't expecting, so it must not be placebo. Comfort if exactly what you'd expect for something specifically designed for you. This is definitely the way to go.

You know how the internet works.. pics or it didn't happen!

But seriously tho, show us how they look! I want to get me some. 

May 18, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #11,258 of 22,954
Do they fit tightly? I had some custom tips in the past but it didn't go into the earphone like that one and it would fall off pretty easily. The audiologist I go to seems to be on their list so it sounds pretty easy to do.

Of course I'll have to see if the SE846 is for me first...

May 18, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #11,260 of 22,954
Yes; although I don't have any CIEM's, I imagine this is exactly how any CIEM fits. Make sure you get the full shells, but these aren't going anywhere. They fit much more securely than the triple flange sleeves, which are quite a tight fit, and you could just about shake your head as hard as you want and these aren't going anywhere. A nice tight fit is anything but an issue with these-- it's a selling point. 

Are the full sleeves more than the regular?

Man those look sick. I'd like to get mine in clear. Might have to save up and get those soon.

May 18, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #11,262 of 22,954
Very cool. I've had 2 CIEM's in my years. One fit absolutely perfectly and the other was off. Ironically the cheaper of the 2 was the better fit and still got perfect 8 years later.

How they sound? Hopefully they sound even better.

May 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #11,265 of 22,954
today i will do my own molds using radians custom mold that only cost 10 usd form ebay, there tons of videos u can check on youtube how to do that, i will report back tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back